Elite Dangerous?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Herobane, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Herobane

Herobane
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Elite Dangerous beta on this forum yet, anyone play it or are you all waiting for Star Citizen?

2. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

Why not both?
    bVMyK.png

3. Herobane

Herobane
    Expand Collapse

I like your style :cool:

Is Star Citizen any good at the moment? I thought you couldn't fly any ships yet but I may be wrong!

4. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

Currently it has an arena style combat module and newly added racing mode.
    It's pretty bare bones at the moment, the controls are a bit shonky, and there are bugs aplenty, but it's playable.

I would call Elite Dangerous a significantly more mature game, as far as development goes. I likely won't get much into Star Citizen until it gets farther along in development, as Elite is a lot of fun at the moment, however I'm looking forward to the full versions of both.

If there are any people out there wondering which to invest in first, or without the money to get in on both, I'd go with Elite Dangerous myself. It's not as visually stunning or technically advanced as Star Citizen (though still very pretty and quite mechanically deep), but it's highly functional and feels very good to play, which Star Citizen isn't quite up to yet (pre-alpha is pre-alpha, after all.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice