WIP Embracer's new map (Discussion page)

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by SuperEmbracer, Jan 31, 2018.

?

Should i keep working on this map?

1. Yes, Keep working on it, and work on the poorer areas too

97.5%
  2. Yes, but stick to the affluent areas only!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, It deviates too much from the real Cape Town anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't know

2.5%
  1. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

Hello to those in the community:
    I am working on a new map, with the main influence being from Cape Town, which is a nice, beautiful city in South Africa (I'm not South African, but i love the city's scenery). I don't want to be too controversial, and i have read the forum's rules, but considering the current water crisis in Cape Town, I'm not sure if it was a good time to be making this map. Still WIP, very WIP, but it is going good so far.

So the terrain is not grabbed from terrain.party at all, unlike the Saba Island map. Treat this map like a work of art. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Just say it's like Cape Town meets East Coast USA or something like that. It's fantasy, not real at all.

Because I've made the stupid mistake of putting the terrains Y-axis at 9+ km from the center axis, you may experience shaking when driving with the interior camera. That is a mistake on my part and should not be a pain if you play on third-person mode. It still shouldn't affect on car crashes by the way!
    Screenshots:
    20180131163939_1.jpg
    Lots of buildings for your role playing, dashcam and movie-making needs!
    20180131163959_1.jpg
    This is what i meant by "being Cape Town inspired"
    20180131164216_1.jpg
    I will be working on the poorer areas of the map too, just to let you know.
    20180131163947_1.jpg
    Lots of road signs will be on this map, I promise!.

P.S: If anyone wants to help me (custom buildings, traffic lights, etc), feel free to contact me!

P.P.S: Thanks for the kind support to those so far! Don't be expecting a release date soon (still needs lots of work ahead of it) and if i am putting the map on hold, there will be a notice at the beginning of this forum page.

#1 SuperEmbracer, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

This looks really good, and I can't wait for more to be done!

3. J creeper

J creeper
    Expand Collapse

looks good

4. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Man... Your paranoia is plain dumb, and someone being offended by building the city in a game sounds like someone that souldnt be giving opinions to begin with.
    Great to see even more cities being made in this game!

5. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

yeah, i am quite the paranoid individual... Great to be seeing support!

6. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Looks good so far, man. You've got a solid foundation and plenty of material to work and expand upon. Forget about "controversy", make what you want to make. It is your map, you are the creator. Allow critiques, but disregard those who have no desire but to make a mountain from a molehill. :)

7. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but what do you mean by "no desire but to make a mountain from a molehill"?

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Exaggerating small thing to something bigger than life which it is not.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=make a mountain out of a molehill

Which in this context means that if someone would bring up poor areas in political context while they are just the poor areas in a city, you are supposed to ignore them. I agree with that.

9. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

I'm back! gotta go now, see you soon, but check out the main post below! :)

#9 SuperEmbracer, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  10. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about not posting in a while; I am very busy, with homework, and other commitments. So I've got some new screenshots to show you. 20180207213931_1.jpg
    And this is what happens when you look at the insides of one of the many road signs that I've placed on the map; Don't worry, you won't see road signs like this on the outside, they just look like regular road signs from the outside!

20180206221041_1.jpg
    And here is a screenshot of a "eucalyptus farm", with the trees coming from B25Mitch's Mt. Glorious (He did state his assets were free to use!)

I'll post a better screenshot of the eucalyptus farm tomorrow!

11. SuperEmbracer

SuperEmbracer
    Expand Collapse

Well, it seems nobody has replied. I'm still here by the way. I've got some nice pictures of checkpoints, an industrial area. and a mega bus station, near the airport. Gotta go!
    20180213230405_1.jpg 20180213230340_1.jpg 20180213230334_1.jpg 20180213230236_1.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice