Emergency Brake Signal for modern non ETK cars

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Akiazusa, Dec 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Akiazusa

Akiazusa
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for making this great game which simulates a lot of things of real cars.

Like ETK 800 and K series in the game,lots of modern cars have Secondary Collision Reduction system and Emergency Brake Signal System.
    The first one,or SCR,is a system that automatic turn on the hazard lights after a serious collision.
    And the second one is a system that uses your vehicle's lights to warm the vehicles behind when you are doing a hard brake. Some cars flash brake lights rapidly to do this (like ETK series in the game,BMW ,Ford in real world) And some other cars may use hazard lights to do this,they flash hazard lights rapidly to warm people behind you(like Toyota Honda Mazda and Subaru)
    In the game,we already have SCR and brake light based Emergency Brake Signal for ETKs,but there is nothing for Hirochi SBR4,which is produced from 2013 to 2020(said in game). If it‘s possible,could you please add SCR system and a hazard light based Emergency Brake Signal for Hirochi SBR4 and other modern cars in the future?

By the way,this is how they work(from 2014-2018 Mazda 3 technical manual)

Secondary Collision Reduction:
    SCR.jpg

Hazard light based Emergency Brake Signal:
    ESS.jpg ESS1.jpg ESS2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

If I understand correctly, the emergency brake signal is triggered by deceleration rather than ABS activation. Well in BeamNG, EBS is triggered by ABS activation and I believe it's better. For example when braking on snow or ice, the deceleration is low due to the slippery surface, the EBS will not activate in these cars IRL but will activate in the ETK.

In order to equip the SBR4 with SCR and EBS, add the following texts into the esc.jbeam
    brakelightsjbeam.png
    Code:
               ["postCrashBrake", {"brakeThreshold": 60}],
                ["adaptiveBrakeLights"],

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Akiazusa

Akiazusa
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot :D
    ABS activation is a lot better than deceleration in my oponion, the EBS on my Mazda 3 feels completely useless when driving in downtown(as speed limit is always less than 60kph and traffic jam)

4. TheInsider

TheInsider
    Expand Collapse

On BMWs you can code on what speed you want them to activate and also if the hazards will blink too or just the rear lights flashing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Akiazusa

Akiazusa
    Expand Collapse

woo That sounds awesome :D

6. TheInsider

TheInsider
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I think you would love to code a BMW haha, you can do so much things as deep as how hot the heated seats become in each setting. However as far as I know its not possible to code Japanse cars. My mom owns a Swift and I am not able to code that with normal software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice