1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Engine Not Warming Up When Car is idle.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by DriftingAddict1, Apr 24, 2020.

1. DriftingAddict1

DriftingAddict1
    Expand Collapse

Hello Everyone
    For some reason when I leave the (car in the game) idle it doesnt warm up. . From what I've seen my dad leaves his car to warm up in the mornings and the engines temperature increases this doesn't seem to happen in my game is there a problem with my game or is this just not a feature in Beam NG.

2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Well first of all, for both environmental reasons and health of the engine you should not warm up your car (no longer than 30 seconds at least) (unless it's carbureted) It's better to just drive it at low rpm's.
    anyways..

From my experience, cars barely get warm during idle unless you maybe do it for a really long time? I don't see it as very unrealistic. Mine gets normal temperature into 5-10 minutes into driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice