1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Engine swap textures not showing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MarkosRuiz, Jan 18, 2020.

1. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, I tried to swap an I6 engine from the Hopper to the ETK-I but the engine texture is white like in blender. I also tried with swapping the I6 from the ETK-I to the 200bx and the texture isn't showing again, the whole engine is dark grey like in Blender.

I know in 0.18 a lot of things have changed in terms of graphics and materials.cs (that has been removed?) so I don't really know if I'm missing something...

Really appreciated, thanks!

2. TwoTwoNine

TwoTwoNine
    Expand Collapse

Are you using the pre 0.18 engine model?
    If yes, perhaps try replacing it with the latest model,
    also try removing the materials file in your mod, as the materials don't need to be redefined.

Check 'Documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles\etki' and see if it autogenerated a materials file that is conflicting with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

I checked and a materials file has been created inside the swap folder, I opened the etk-i materials, copied the Stages of the engine material and pasted them in the created one, and now it works!
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice