Equalizer program?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Bubbleawsome, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if anyone has has recommendations for an equalizer program. I need one because my new speakers are weaker than my old ones. I used to have creative inspire t3030s but they died (Sad. :() so I got the Logitech ls21 speakers. While their highs are crisper, they really lack bass. I fixed this for gabesters music by adding a 15Dba boost to bass using the windows bass boost, but now my games are really punchy. (Horribly really) Right now I am dealing with this by changing it each time, but that is frustrating, so I was wondering if there is a program that allows be to set stuff like that on a per-program basis. Thanks for all replies!

2. Meral Harbes

Meral Harbes
    Expand Collapse

Usually soundcards or -chips come with a utility that allows you to do this, but with most of them you still have the problem that you have to change all the time. I don't think anything like that exist as third party software that includes some sort of profiler.

An equalizer can't compensate for anything your sound system can't play back anyways. By making some frequencies louder and others more silent all you do is shift the sound characteristics away from what's intended in your music, game or anything really.

3. xDecapitator

xDecapitator
    Expand Collapse

I use Foobar 2000 because of all the awesome plug-ins. It comes with an equalizer. Winamp isn't bad either and it's easier to learn.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, I think winamp has an equalizer(only inside of winamp though, I think), but you should really just get better speakers and an amp.

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I just use VLC for music, since its EQ isn't applied system-wide. Consider that the EQ is good enough to keep a self proclaimed audiophile happy.

6. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I've always had weird problems with vlc making popping noises and distortion and generally weird things when playing music so I switched to winamp

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Personally i like foobar 2000 and zoom player (by inmatrix)

Zoom player is really really easy to use and does both music and video. Foobar is harder to use but sounds better and can do way more with audio, but foobar has no video.

8. xDecapitator

xDecapitator
    Expand Collapse

I second this. You can't fix bad sound with an equalizer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It's just my speaker set (ls21?) isn't good for stuff like electronica, house and some lighter dubstep. Needs more punch. Using earbuds for now, pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice