ETK 800 & K Series Running Lights

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by bluerider598, Nov 15, 2017.

1. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

A small suggestion, I think it would be more realistic if the running lights on the ETK 800 and K series turned off when the ignition is switched off.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

They actually stay lit in real cars too :) (BMW in this case)

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Some of the cars have an auto headlights option, if it is turned on, the lights turn off after you switch off the ignition. In some cars day time running lights stay on till you close the driver door or they turn off few seconds after that. (At least my mother's Renault Modus works this way. [What is weird about it that although it didn't came with daytime running lights, the computer seems to be programmed to deal with them if you hook them up in the correct way])

4. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

Surely they wouldn't stay lit indefinitely.. I figure maybe a minute or two after you turn off the ignition, the running lights could shut off?

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

In some cars they stay on till you turn them off manually, but in some other cars (mostly with auto headlights) they turn off after you switch off the ignition or after you close turn off the ignition and open/close the driver side door.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I have an absolute crappy latin american market (MERCOSUR) VW Suran. The thing is a SOHC 1.6 FWD with rear drum brakes. It is by all definition a "modern shitbox" And the lights do stay on if you turn off the car.

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

VW is always lacking behind other brands in terms of useful features, but I think that any model with auto headlights should have the auto turn off function.

But as I've taken a look at the K-series and 800 series windshield I've found out that there isn't any sensors which seems weird for a car like this, I guess german engineering even in beamng isn't the best of things :D (good realism though, but we need an instant check engine light for ETK's )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice