Goodbye, ETK K SERIES 2022 Facelift (A goodbye note in Page 17. Thank you so much for the journey)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by pss5156, Sep 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

It's all new.

-2-01-1.jpeg
    -3-01-1.jpeg

Yay.

Full Change
    2022 ETK K SERIES

IT IS TIME TO GIVE A NEW LOOK TO OUR MODERN GT.

[Excel Chart With Full List Of In-Real-Life Engines, Torques, Diffs Are Provided!]
    Link is down there, but if you are lazy, click >>HERE<<

And be advised; Custom and Police Configuration will be packed together on the second release. We decided to focus on the Factory model first. Again, we hope you guys won't get confused by some configs lacking in this chart. (But hey, 2020 Special edition and LEXUS LFA V10 will be on the first release.)​

Welcome, community

We are making a full change version of our long favored 2-door GT, ETK K series. This thread was originally created in the ideas and suggestions forum, and it was just an idea and concept in our mind. But we decided to make this project for real, and it became a WIP project.

Long story short, pss5156 made the sketch of the new ETK K series facelift, and now @pss5156 (Crispy Gaming) took Overall design and management of this thread, @sun_key, @Exchy and @P_enta is working on the 3D modeling. C63S has studied car design and will share many design ideas with me on the project ahead. @MarkosRuiz is working on a engine mod.

This was first started as a facelift. The car had to have the same identity as the old one, and also appealing at the same time. Overall change was made, but while doing this project we decided the car still look too old to say it is 2022 version. So one day we asked community to vote which is better; full change or facelift. And community picked full change. As a result, I assume there will be a edit on 'unibody' chassis to our mod. Which means it gets a whole new unibody. We will try to reduce the failure of compatibility with the other mods(like wheels and stuff), by gathering some of the modders together.

New Vehicle, New Naming

New naming will be used. It is not complicated. Follow me close here.

First, Badges by the Class of the vehicle
    "C"
    Stands for 'City'. For civilians, for everyone.
    "A"
    Stands for 'Avantgarde'. It has both luxury and style.
    "S"
    Stands for 'Sport'. Fast and nimble with its upgraded turbo.
    "TTS"
    Stands for 'TwinTurbo Sport'. A badge for the most profound K series which inherited the race spirit from its ancestor, tt sport.
    "TA"
    Stands for 'TrackAttack'. With weight reduction and some aero parts, it's track-ready.

Second, Number by the Engine Type
    4 - I4
    6 - I6
    8 - V8

Third, Lettering given by the Intake
    Nothing - Stage 1 Turbo (Basic turbo) or Diesel Turbo (Only for diesel model)
    T - Stage 2 turbo (Sport turbo)
    TTS(No lettering after "TTS" badge lettering) - Stage 2 Twin Turbo (Only for TTS model)

Forth, Lettering given by the Fuel Type
    Nothing - Gasoline
    d - Diesel

Finally, Lettering given by the Drivetrain
    Nothing - RWD (Rear Wheel Drive drivetrain)
    X - AWD (All Wheel Drive drivetrain)

So gathering all those naming process, we can get a result of a name like;
    A6Td, TTS8X, TA*
    (*No more lettering added after TA. It's special edition.)

21 Factory, 2 Special Edition, 4 Custom, 5 Police Unit
    Provides 52 Configurations Total

Have you realized that few numbers of official configurations exists in the K series? Not anymore. We are planning to make much more than that. In addition to the vehicle class C, A, S, TTS, TA we have separated, we provide race, special editions, customized vehicles and so on. Here are the lists of the configurations that we are planning to make by now and by few more future updates.

[Factory]

"C"
    C4 | 2.0L I4 - Stage 1 Turbo RWD (A, M)
    C4d | 2.0L I4 diesel - Diesel Turbo RWD (A, M)
    C6 | 3.0L I6 - Stage 1 Turbo RWD (A, M)
    C6d | 3.0L I6 diesel - Diesel Turbo RWD (A, M)

"A"
    A6 & A6X | 3.0L I6 - Stage 1 Turbo RWD (A, M) & 3.0L I6 - Stage 1 Turbo AWD (A, M)
    A6d & A6dX | 3.0L I6 diesel - Diesel Turbo RWD (A, M) & 3.0L I6 diesel - Diesel Turbo AWD (A, M)
    A8 & A8X | 4.0L V8 - N/A RWD (A, M) & 4.0L V8 - N/A AWD (A, M)

"S"
    S4T & S4TX | 2.0L I4 - Stage 2 Turbo RWD (M, DCT) & 2.0L I4 - Stage 2 Turbo AWD (M, DCT)
    S6T & S6TX | 3.0L I6 - Stage 2 Turbo RWD (M, DCT) & 3.0L I6 - Stage 2 Turbo AWD (M, DCT)

"TTS"
    TTS6 & TTS6X | 3.0L I6 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo RWD (M, DCT) & 3.0L I6 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo AWD (M, DCT)
    TTS8 & TTS8X | 4.0L V8 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo RWD (M, DCT) & 4.0L V8 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo AWD (M, DCT)

"TA"
    TA | 4.0L V8 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo RWD (M, DCT)

"Race"
    Race & RaceX | 4.0L Racing V8 - Stage 3 TwinTurbo RWD (SEQ) & 4.0L Racing V8 - Stage 3 TwinTurbo AWD (SEQ)

[Special Edition]

"2020 Special Edition" / '2020 was a perfect number(= excuse) for the hungry designers and engineers in ETK to persuade their boss to make a special edition. It has 2020 special decal and black trims.'
    4.0L V8 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo AWD (M, DCT)

"LEXUS V10 Special Edition(Addon)" / 'V10 from Lexus LFA. why not?'
    4.8L V10 - N/A RWD (DCT*)
    (*I don't know rather we can make an AMT transmission or not)

[Custom Config]

"Custom Drag" / 'For people who loves to do a drag race. Have fun.'
    6.2L V8 - (Aftermarket Kit) Stage 3 Supercharger RWD (Drag M)

"Custom Drift" / 'RWD for drifiters, AWD for Hoonigans!'
    3.0L I6 - (Aftermarket Kit) Stage 3 SingleTurbo RWD (SEQ)
    4.0L Racing V8 - (Aftermarket Kit) Stage 3 TwinTurbo AWD (SEQ)

"Sleeper" / 'Nothing special here(by 'here' it means the 'exterior').'
    4.0L V8 - (Aftermarket Kit) Stage 3 TwinTurbo AWD (DCT)

[Police]

"Police Patrol(C6)" / 'Finally, something that's not a 4 door.'
    3.0L I6 - Stage 1 Turbo RWD (A)

"Police Interceptor(S6TX)" / 'Sunburst RS? Pfft-'
    3.0L I6 - Stage 2 Turbo AWD (DCT)

"Undercover Police(S6TX)" / 'Slick, but sneaky.'
    3.0L I6 - Stage 2 Turbo AWD (DCT)

"Highway Police Interceptor(TTS8X)" / 'Repeating, 200mph SBR4 is now headed highway A1A north, we need a backup-' 'Backup's on the way.'
    4.0L V8 - Stage 2 TwinTurbo AWD (DCT)

"NPA director's cruiser" / "Yee-"
    4.8L V10 - (Aftermarket Kit) Stage 3 TwinTurbo AWD (DCT)

Concepts and Sketches

!ATTENTION!

The decision that we planned to make a full change version of this car happened on 01/09/2021. So it is pretty recent. We are planning ANOTHER design or the car. But not by the sketch. We are discussing them with the 3D modeling, so by the time our discussion is done, the main body panels will be finished too. So stay tuned :)

The most part we put our efforts by far. The actual design of the car. How are we going to make K Series beautiful and recognizable at the same time? pss5156(Crispy Gaming) made few concepts in the old posts, and over the 1 year of the blank period, he improved the design more. Accepting the opinions saying that the headlight is small, front bumper design is not so clear etc.

You can see that the headlight design became much more detailed. The first one from the old post actually doesn't have that much detail, it even makes the front of the car less sharper. The second and third picture of the front sketch section is the improved design. Also, second picture will be new 2020 Special Edition with its own rim. It is inspired from the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Forth Picture shows the detailed headlight component.

ETK K series front sketch
    20190206_192623.jpg _20201203.png _202012034.png _202012036.png
    (From the left) old AVANTGARDE / New 2020 Special Edition* / New Race & TTS* / New TTS Headlight*
    *new sketches

Also, rear design is changed. First to third one is the old design, forth one is the new, improved design. I will add more detail later.

ETK K series rear sketch
    KakaoTalk_20191014_174023502.jpg 20190928_084858.jpg RacemodsforETKK-series.png _202012032.png
    (From the left) old C / old TTS / old RACE / NEW TTS*
    *new sketches

The 3D modeling of body work will be mainly done by pss5156(Crispy Gaming) and sun_key, and Interior job will be done by Exchy. The rear bumper is done by sun_key, and the front bumper and front fender is done by pss5156(Crispy Gaming).

3D modeling progresses
    18-12-2020_140458.png 20201219_001557.jpg 18-12-2020_210956.png 19-12-2020_150823.png 2020121901_front_bumper_headlight_slot_modeling_work.png 2020121902_Front_bumper_comparison.png 2020121903Connected_with_body.png

And lastly, here are the rims we are featuring. I wrote some words down there, I will present to you with some clean chart later, with supporting rim sizes for each rims.

ETK Avant6 rim was inspired from Bentley Continental GT. For ETK 2020SPE rim, it was inspired from the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento wheel. It will have complex 3D mess. ETK TTS5 rim was inspired from Ford GT 66' Heritage Edition. It will have same gun metalish bronze color to it. sun_key is doing all rim 3D work.

Rim design
    _2020120310.png _2020120311.png _2020120312.png images1.jpeg bentley_continental_gtc_2.jpg images.jpeg zzzzzzzzz.jpg fzl4hi07e2151.jpg

Finished 3D modeling of the rim
    12-12-2020_105356.png
    ETK Diacut5

2.png
    ETK CitySport

7563f98b3d73f01c.png
    ETK Avant6

17-12-2020_124537.png
    ETK TTS5

14-12-2020_140004.png
    ETK 2020SPE

Extra designs
    _202012035.png << mirror

Strong, Powerful and Dynamic

The most important thing of the K Series; engine. There is a specific table of engine list I am making from few days ago, comparing each and every production engine & intake for reality. Now we are presenting the EXCEL CHART OF FULL COMBINATION LIST WITH ENGINES. Also, MarkosRuiz(who is on charge of making engines) and crewmates will discuss further more in the future. Here is the engines he already finished making.

Click >>here<< to see a chart
    of
    FULL COMBINATION LIST WITH ENGINES

2.0L I4 TurboDiesel engine [150hp / 320Nm]
    4500RPM Redline
    Max tuned output - [190hp / 400Nm]

3.0L I6 TurboDiesel engine [204hp / 430Nm]
    5000RPM Redline
    Max tuned output - [350hp / 690Nm]

3.0L I6 Turbo Petrol engine [340hp / 500Nm]
    7000RPM Redline
    Max tuned output - [405hp / 585Nm]

4.2L V8 NA Petrol engine [420hp / 400Nm]
    8500RPM Redline
    Max tuned output(TwinTurbo) - [645hp / 610Nm]

5.0L V10 NA Petrol engine [510hp / 530Nm]
    7500RPM Redline
    Max tuned output(TwinTurbo) [900hp / 935Nm]

Join us and show your ability

We will pour our souls to make this project a success, but things like J-beam, which we've never encountered, are difficult to complete with our own power. So if you want to do this adventurous project together, don't hesitate to comment on this thread or send a personal message to pss5156(Crispy Gaming). We cannot wait to see the amazing skills you have.

If you want to see the past posting, just press the spoiler button at the bottom of this thread. If you want to support us or if there's a good idea to help us with our project, please feel free to comment or send an email to crispygamingofficial@gmail.com or start a communication with pss5156(Crispy Gaming). Thank you :D

To See Progress

There are few ways to track our progress. First, you can check it out right now by the spoiler buttons down below. Second, you can follow pss5156(Crispy Gaming) in this community and receive a frequent email telling new post and comments are up. Third, you can subscribe to "Crispy Gaming" in Youtube and hit the bell so you can get a detailed description and information with the video within 10 minutes. The first video will uploaded in the middle of December, so go on, subscribe and ring the bell and stay tuned.

Step 1. Tab the spoiler button down below
    Step 2. Follow @pss5156
    Step 3. Subscribe to 'Crispy Gaming' ; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTFZwSV3fieR-fEQm2qxsog

Progress

Colors by the progression of the work

100% Done
    80% done
    50% done
    20% done
    Not started yet

FRONT BUMPER DESIGN

City, Avantgarde, Sport, TTS, Race

REAR BUMPER DESIGN

City, Avantgarde, Sport, TTS, Race

RIM

Steel 5 Spoke
    Dia-cut 5 Spoke
    TTS 5 Double Spoke
    Avantgarde 6 Spoke
    TA & Race 8 Spoke
    2020 Special 5 Spoke

INTERIORS

(Currently discussing about it)

Engine covers

Spoilers, Splitters, Diffusers, Garnishes etc

We will talk about 3D modeling and etc stuff progresses as soon as we finish talking about it. Under this line is the older posts.

<2020/10/21>
    I wanted to start this post saying, 'Sorry and thank you.'

I did not expected there would be this much support even though I said the mod will be on hold for the moment. There was still some people who wanted this mod to be continued, and few people actually contacted me in person, to ask if they can join us, or encouraged us to continue to make this mod. It almost took a year to come back. And I want to say thank you for all of your support, and sorry for the waiting.
    And I want you ask you guys a final favor. There is only 60 + days left until I finish my university enrollment test. If I finish this test, it would be a December for all things around me to finally settle down. So I will promise you, dear community;2021 January, with my personal Youtube channel, only dedicated to this mod making progress, mod will be back.
    Thing is, I did not just abandoned this mod away while the project was on hold, I made several sketches. So now the design of second headlight(Because the first one I designed sucked, lmao), mirrors(low budget, luxery, racing), rims(there will be a 2020 special ver... oops, nobody heard that), seats, spoilers, some garnishes are finished(Interior is not finished, FYI. Dang it, I never tried to draw an interior in my life until this project).

Want some sneak peek? Well, here is some :D
    _20201021.png _202010213.png _202010212.png
    (That rim design was pain.)
    Also, since my design is bit complicated and has detail 3D features that I can't describe effectively to my lovely 3D design crewmates(sorry), I thought it would be better for me and team if I join the 3D work, too. I never EVER used 3D design tool on PC. But I played with some clay design for few years, so i think I can join and support him.
    All things aside, thank you again for the waiting and support, we will never let you down. Put your seatbelts on! When time comes and first video uploads, at January, the adventure to our modding will finally begin again. Dear community, until then, we are welcoming any suggestions or questions. See you all soon!
    Sincerely, pss5156
    (That is awkward nickname and I am regrating it. Please give me any suggestion of name that is not embarrasing. Haha)

<2019/9/26 post>
    I need some help making this mod, and doing it in the ideas and suggestions forum wasn't suitable with the purpose of my thread, so I moved it in here. Anyone who wants to see the last post, click 'spoiler'. Any ideas and suggestions of my work is welcomed. And I really want to collaborate with mod makers. Feel free to contact me. Thank you :D

Past thread link is CLOSED.

<2019/9/20 post>
    Rear design of K Series is now complete!(One good night of sleep gave me the idea. Forget 9/19 post) Now I am going to rest for a while. Then I am going to design wheels, and some air dynamics. I want this progress slow but steady. If there is anyone who wants to join me and support me(please), I'll be more active on this mod. Thank you everybody for support me and give me the suggestion, see you again soon :)

20190206_192623.jpg
    Front facelift design of K-Series

20190927_195805.jpg
    Rear facelift design of K-Series

<2019/9/19 post>
    Thing is not going well as I supposed to... Rear design is a tough part of all. Some of you might read my reply, the rear end is the most important parts for us because we always get to stare a back of a car. So I really took some serious times thinking about them. It is not a complete sketch and I need help. Ha ha :D

20190919_120637.jpg
    'So I completed the original car sketch'

20190919_133251.jpg
    'I erased the bottom one and drew the top indicators... Wait, it is way more odd-looking than I originally anticipated.'

20190919_134842.jpg
    'Screw it. How about this one.'

20190919_162156.jpg
    (RIP paper) 'God... I really cannot find the appropriate line.'

20190919_164259.jpg
    And there we go. Current status. And I am completely unsatisfied. My paper got ripped a little bit so it is rough as hell. But I think I kinda know there I am going. Couldn't fuse Volvo design onto it because when you do that double line, it is just a Volvo. Struggling to make it look new and inherited from the ancestor K series. But guys, few weeks past since I posted the last post, I am not dead, stay tuned!

<2019/8/26 post>
    Rear bumber is coming! Actually, I didn't finished it that much. But still working on it. Scribbling things and throw away everyday. And mid term is coming too, personally. But still, stay tuned :)

<2019/8/20 post>
    I made a full first sketch of a facelift version of ETK K-series for the first time. Here is the result. It became a less aggresive but more stylish. I will post another one with few more pictures of designing processes. Stay tuned.

20190206_192623.jpg
    First design concept.

<2019/8/19 post>
    Summery of this post: I've read some comments from you guys(Blah Blah) I am currently need someone to help me make a mod of this when I'm done drawing. If there's any mod creators who wants to join me or help me working with this mod, feel free to contact me. I know that there is another way to send a personal message through this Beamng official community site. Comment is fine too.

<2019/8/17 post>
    Summery of this post: Roughly designed a facelift ver. of ETK K-series including wider front air vents and aggressive headlights. One single circle HID headlights(1) Daylight LEDs(2) A tiny vent(or maybe a piece of silver metal)(3) An indicator(4) (Numbers are in the picture 1) not a lot changes but more aggresive looking.
    Please comment your suggestions down below blah blah
    (Lack of English skill drives me crazy...)

20190817_140409.jpg
    Picture 1

20190817_140402.jpg
    Picture 2

#1 pss5156, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 33
  2. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

nice sketch!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Looks angery, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

Can't see the pictures. Gives me an error.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, same here.

6. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

I am going to upload the pics once again because it did not transported the thumbnail pictures by simply ctrl+c,v the thread. I'll fix it asap. Try visiting old thread. I applied it on my lastest post section.
    --- Post updated ---
    I did not noticed that. Fixing soon. I am at the school now:)

7. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

One thing, in your drawing, I don't see any foglights. Where are they? Also, the old post is removed, going to the old link throws an error.

8. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Gotcha. I'll fix it soon! Plus, I will also mention some detail parts in my design. It is kinda complicated. I'll re upload that soon, too.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thread is updated.
    1. Images are back.
    2. Fixed some grammar errors in my posts and my replies.(I am not that good at speaking English. I'll try harder on that problem :p)
    And yes, old thread is disappeared. I don't know what happened, but anyways feel free to ask anything. I'll probably post another one by October 13th - 19th. I appreciate any comments until then. Thank you :D <3

#8 pss5156, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  9. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

Fender is coming along nicely, X-Mirror and Topology Mirror feature has been very helpful.
    Front Grille is a bit more stretched now.
    @pss5156, there is one small thing. The bottom grill is absent in your design, it is present in the original design. Where is the bottom grille? (It is called as bumper_grille internally)

It has been fun so far, I am taking a break for the day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

You mean the one that is under the main radiator grille? I'll explain more later, but here's few quick summeries!
    20190927_235314.jpg
    Red: original Blue: new
    20190927_235513.jpg
    Yeah. Whole new bumper. I'll explain that later with more details.
    20190928_000310.jpg
    Some specific light parts. Darker blue is basically hi-beam part.
    And dude, you did a really good job there. I'll add you on the credit of this mod for sure. Yeah take a break :)

#10 pss5156, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  11. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

The lower side grilles are mesh grilles for airflow now, right?
    On the original design, there were some foglights where your mesh grilles are. Where are they now? Are they in the headlights structure? If so, that doesn't make sense, foglights are supposed to be low, because fog is low to the ground.
    About the chrome line, I did some looking around in existing car designs. Chrome is practically absent in sports/luxury/GT cars these days, and they're mostly only present on old, vintage cars. It wouldn't make sense for a contemporary sports car, especially one getting a facelift.
    I'm not saying your ideas are bad, I'm just giving some constructive criticisms for your design choices.
    Edit: About chrome on cars, it's seen today in luxury car grilles, so your upper grille actually makes the car look more refined and well, more like an ETK.
    --- Post updated ---
    The lines around the headlights look quite complex, I would suggest cutting down on those lines, and maybe expanding the headlights themselves. From a distance, the headlight size looks normal, but when I zoom in to take references from them, the headlights themselves look quite small.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Oops, I forgot about the foglight. I'll think about it today (by today I mean it is 8:22 am here in korea by posting this reply. I'll try some of the spots and decide which shape is better). And chrome line is for GTs and you are right. But I just want to keep the design of those in whatever texture. Because that is kinda what I want for this car. A line that goes across the whole front bumper. Maybe for a sport version I would use a carbon fiber or matte black material. Good point!
    And note; I will make that design much more aggresive. The one I posted (front) is GT version(Because in the previous post people said it was quite a bit passive aggresive), and the rear is sport version(I did this so that I can adjust the aggresive of GT version's rear bumper style.)
    And you are right, the headlight is too small(oopsie) I will fix that too.
    It had many more errors that I previously anticipated haha but will not gonna make these mistakes again. Thank you very much for your work of this bad boy. And it was very informative point :)
    Edit: Erased the unnecessary line in the rear bumper. That was the reason of the charger looking long rearlamp. How about now? May have to raise the lettering position up.
    20190928_084858.jpg

#12 pss5156, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  13. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

Headlights are quite hard to make. I also will need some help with JBeam and Glowmap for headlights and taillights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion there is no point of adding foglights as it will make the car possibly uglier. Many modern cars don't have foglights and some have them built into the headlight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I just removed the foglight's jbeam and mesh, I'll use it's old shape for the new grille. I don't think it's possible yet to make the sweeping LEDs for indicators, I've never seen animations like that in any BeamNG Car, official or community.

I'm skipping making headlights and taillights for now, focusing on bigger things like front bumper. I removed unnecessary objects like radiator which I am not going to be editing. It lowered the filesize significantly.

Edit: I found an example of sweeping indicators in BeamNG. On the forums, there has been someone who made some cosmetic parts for the 200BX. He had made some tailights where if you turn on indicators, it has the sweeping animation like you had specified! The parts are available in thee parts pack, https://www.beamng.com/resources/wbimp-config-megapack.6880/ (WBMIP) if you want to check it out. I can try to reverse engineer the code or ask the dev how he did it.

#15 Derpitron, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

Progress update 9/30: Front bumper's grilles are nearly finished, and rear bumper is going nicely too!

This is harder than I thought it would be. I need help with UVs and JBeam, modelling I can do.

• Like Like x 2
  17. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

Wait, why the K - S E R I E S in that style? It works, I guess. But I suggest to make the lettering flat and wide and/or in some modern font like tesla's. Still good tho.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, I was busy studying and did not got amy chances seeing your replies. And that is gorgeous. It is rough, but I can kinda see it going. Definately you are not going to use that font and thickness in the rear, right?
    And on the plus note, I want to keep up with your work speed too. Your work speed is really faster than I originally thought. There are some things I want in this design, and few of em is missing. But I know it is not a big gap between your work and mine. It is wonderful already seeing your design.
    I originally thought when I made this design, the gaps between air vents under the front grille and radiator grille was a bit much, so I brought up the air vents little bit mor upwards. Please consider it when you do the 3d modeling.
    Also, I think that upside down v shaped attached air vent is just not-finished touch, right? It should be removed from the... upper part.(I cannot describe its name)
    Beside all these, AWESOME work. Good job I like it. I did show your work to my friend and they were amazed. If I were able to meet you, I'll buy a nice meal if I can. I really do :D
    --- Post updated ---
    One the pluse note, lower trims should get fog lights, so stay tuned for entry ver. designs.

19. Derpitron

Derpitron
    Expand Collapse

I'm working from the base shell, then making more significant edits from there on. I found the explanation for how the animated lights were made, on the 2019 Ibishu 200BX Thread.
    This is essentially what my main plan for now is
    - I will make the side vents taller ✓
    - I will make the headlights and taillights, and I can reverse engineer the 2019 200BX taillight's code to see how in the world they did it.
    - I will change the diffuser
    - I will change the license plate "place" (where the license plate is) so it looks like an upside down trapezium shape which is touching the rear lights, so it looks like Audi R8.
    - I will change the exhaust tips to be 4 square-ish shapes
    - I would like to keep the font of the rear design, but I agree, size and extrusion is way too off. ✓
    - Foglights aren't used in cars much today, and @SmokingTiresGaming said that they would look ugly
    - What wheel designs do you have in mind? I personally would like to see this wheel design. I fell in love with it when I was younger, and it seems like such an ETK wheel

I am only going with speed since I am focusing on making unfinished, borderline rough shapes and designs. My plan is to do the remodels roughly, and then I can refine and refine the edits sin a stage by stage basis.
    I will really need some help with JBeam, UV, and even models. I cannot do it alone.

#19 Derpitron, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

I acknowledged your plan, and I am totally agree on it. And yeah, if you doworkwith thethickness, I am all right with that font. And you and I actually have a same wheel style in the mind. You EXACTLY chose the same image of rim of rs3. No more discussion on the rim. I am working on it. I will talk to my friends if I can get some ideas and thoughts of jbeams and stuff, but still I feel we are lack of experts of this subject.
    I really cannot thank enough that you are so passionate with my idea. I'll contect with you with more ideas ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice