1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[somewhat maybe solved]Every day beamng seems to break itself and get really low fames 20fps average

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Acrain7, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

okay so yesterday you may have seen my comments on the com-screens:
    upload_2018-9-6_16-7-53.png

stating that i was getting really low fps for no reason- one game verification and reinstall later, it was working!
    i had solid 60 and above FPS, and zero lag!

then, today...
    upload_2018-9-6_16-6-48.png
    20fps.
    wonderful.

so i update my nvidia drivers, and now...
    upload_2018-9-6_16-43-43.png

16 FPS! woohoooooooooooooooooooo.

oh yeah, and here's the catch: after updating my drivers, i now have a ton of mods i didn't have before... somehow!
    upload_2018-9-6_16-45-1.png

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?!

please help.

time to make things more confusing!

i temporarily fixed it by deleting all repo mods in settings, causing the came to crash, and then it worked for a few minutes (probably around 3) and then it went down to 30fps again!

GAME MAGICALLY WORKS AGAIN AFTER 8TH TIME VERIFYING INTEGRITY!
    upload_2018-9-6_17-13-13.png

#1 Acrain7, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

3. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

you didn't seem to write anything...

4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

5. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

yeah thanks haha

6. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried a fresh re-install of the game?

7. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

yeah and that fixed it the first time, and- oddly enough- i verified the integrity for the 8th time and now i'm getting 60fps again (WHAT)
    upload_2018-9-6_17-12-26.png

i'm just... so confused at this point. but at least it magically works now! (hopefully for the long run!)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

I've had this happen to me before and it foking sucks.

I never verified the game files, however. I just went in manually, ripped out all of my mods, unsubscribed from all of the ingame repository mods, reinstalled the game (I think) and it worked fine.
    also you're using VM which is really outdated and might be causing your lag problems. maybe.

Also all of those random mods you didnt have before may have been old mods you turned off, or mods you subscribed to in the repository and they all activated after a game file verification or something of the sort.
    when all of those old mods are reinstalling themselves (which is why i despise the repository) it totally tanks you're FPS until there all done, which can take like 30 minutes, and can totally freeze BeamNG, and can cause it to crash eventually. Trust me. it happened to me.
    Ever since then when i get super choppy and crappy FPS i just shut the game down, clear the cache, re-open it, and unsubscribe from ALL ingame repository mods.
    Just install them manually from the Forums. Its much easier and way less annoying.
    If none of this works/is the problem, i have no idea. sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

First of all, disable all your mods.
    There's little to help if some mod you have is silently having an error-spam-party in background.

Secondly, check your hardware.
    Make sure your temperatures are normal, nothing is overheating.
    If something is overclocked, check their speed, in particular the GPU (if a GPU OC fails, the GPU will self-lock at very low speed).
    Eventually check with no overclocking.

May I know what's annoying or not easy about using a single button to get a mod? So we can look forward into improving that?

10. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

I didn’t quite mean that it was super annoying, but it’s mostly that randomly all of my repository mods that I installed but deactivated will randomly activate again and cause intense lag and eventually a crash.
    I don’t bother with the repository mods section in game anymore, but when I do, I usually deactivate them for further notice or install the mods manually.
    It’s more of a preference, but I have had a bad experience or 2 with the repository mods.
    And keep in mind that when they do activate, I don’t press the “activate all” button.

Also when i go into the files to remove the mods manually out of the 'repo' folder, they just re-download themselves (which make sense) but then i has caused all of the mods to update/re-download. Then the game becomes laggy and unresponsive and i cant go in and deactivate them. I am forced to do it manually until i clear the cache, and sometimes do a computer re-start.
    It quite interesting. May i note that nothing bad has happened in the last 2 months, either because i stopped using the repo entirely, or there was a patch that fixed this problem.

#10 Kueso, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If mods are randomly activating, something's definitively wrong. Please provide logs (Support ID) when that happens.

Because you are not meant to be deleting those mods manually. So please, don't or do expect the game to redownload them.
    Mods you install via the repository must be removed via the repository (Mod Manager).
    The system will not know you want to remove them if you don't go unsubscribe from them (ie. the red-cross icon in the mod-manager window)

12. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

alright.
    It makes sense that the repo will try to re-download all of the mods i removed out of the repo folder.

I will PM you the support ID when it comes up, unless you want it some other way.
    (Again, it hasnt happened in a long time, so it might have already been patched or its just not happening anymore for whatever reason)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice