Experiences of Information Tech books from different publishers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by fufsgfen, Aug 23, 2021.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if title is very good, but I though I ask what is peoples experiences from books from different publishers.

I have few thousand of books, haven't read but tiny fraction of them and to me some publishers seem to provide better experience than others.

Packt is one publisher I tend to avoid these days, I guess there is nothing horribly wrong with their books, but quite often their books seem to be just bit more than some random block made by enthusiast from India.

I don't know if it is just issue with me and my english skills, but while language generally is ok in books, they appear to me to be more of general listing of information from subject than actually educational book kind of books.
    I guess it is design of the content that is bit lacking?

O'Reilly on other hand is usually working much better for me, I don't think that there has been single one book from them that I would of not liked.

Some people speak highly from books of Deitel & Associates but while these books do cover subjects quite well, I find them somewhat heavy to read, not sure why.

I would like to hear what is your experiences and if you find yourself leaning towards books from some publisher?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice