1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Experimental version controls are broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sethioz, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sethioz

Sethioz
    Expand Collapse

Hi. i just downloaded the experimental version on steam and found that controls are broken.
    When i press "Y" or "B" to zoom in/out, then it switches the button constantly on, meaning it keeps on zooming in or out, depending on which button i press last.
    before this update, it was working fine, each time i pressed the button it zoomed in/out only a tiny bit, like it should, now its impossible to use zoom, because it gets stuck on permanent zoom in or out.
    Also i have to quit into menu to get out of this zooming bug, it keeps on zooming until i quit out of level. what the heck is going on?

another thing i noticed is indicators. D-pad is now assigned to do 2 things at once, who's bright idea was that?
    D-pad LEFT - switch vehicle AND use left indicator
    D-pad RIGHT - enable/disable physics AND use right indicator
    D-pad DOWN - reset car AND use hazard lights

how am i suppose to play with all those double buttons? like seriously ... are you guys even testing what you doing? please stop screwing with the controls.

additionally with previous update, you guys messed up the slow / fast motion. it is no longer possible to do fast motion and I had to re-write the controls for slow-motion because old version was no longer working. you changed some idiotic quote system in controls. i mean .. what possible reason you have for that? it does not optimize anything, it didnt make anything better.
    Only thing it did .. is messed up everybody's controls who had them set already.

anyway, how do i fix this zoom in/out bug?

2. messerschmitt1

messerschmitt1
    Expand Collapse

Press 9 or 3 on the numpad.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Double buttons, cannot duplicate here. Working absolutely fine for me, they are not enabling or disabling physics and not switching vehicles, they are just doing the indicators.
    By reading the experimentals announcement which lists it as a known bug. The input system is being entirely reworked. Use buttons 3 & 9 on the number pad to fix it.
    Its experimentals. They have absolutely zero guarantee of quality. Don't like that, don't use them, as simple as that....

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Can't replicate here. You probably have a custom inputmap somewhere in the My Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache folder that's being read at the same time as the default one.

No, we just crap it out and don't care if it works or not. :rolleyes: You opted into the unstable experimental branch.

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wow. I have no words

#5 Dummiesman, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice