1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Explanation Thread for and from everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coolusername, Aug 14, 2017.

1. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Thread for explaining random stuff in BeamNG for those who don't have the game that long, and/or just want to know some interesting things. Everyone can post here useful things.

I start with

Opening doors, hoods, etc.
    If you want this:
    screenshot_00019.png
    It's very simple, just follow these steps
    1.- get the Beam Regenerator https://www.beamng.com/resources/beam-regenerator.2627/ and place it in your mods folder
    2.- place the App anywhere you want
    3.- use nodegrab (press ctrl key and hover with mouse over vehicle, click on a dot from an openable part and hold it) with about 50% force (can be increased with mousewheel) to open the part you want (it breaks the lock and deforms the part)
    4.- start "Repair Vehicle" (repairs dented parts and broken windshields, but not broken locks)
    5.- use nodegrab with about 10% to open the part and click mousewheel to keep it open

How to let the Piano play some music

Just open the key cover with nodegrab (explained above) and lock it in air with mousewheel
    screenshot_00020.png
    Here a tutorial how it can play your own music (thx to Corvette81, who ever the f*ck that is:oops:)
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/piano-changing-song-tutorial-with-new-song-to-download.44347/

Hope that was useful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

I dunno who he is but he must be an awesome guy.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

Thx for the first thing (opening door,trunk etc)
    --- Post updated ---
    Me i dunno ;)
    Wait its u :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

How to make Thumbnails for configs, which look like official ones

The showroom is hidden, so we have to do a few steps to make it white (should be grey by default)

1. spawn on a random map, choose a car with not too much configs in it (i take the satsuma, mine has just 8 selfmade configs), and get the thumbnail generator app
    screenshot_00001.png

2. don't change anything in the settings (apart from change 1000px to 500px, but that does not work yet as of 0.10.0.1 so leave it as it is) and click on generate thumbnails

3. wait till your default car is replaced with the car you want, lean back and wait till the generator is finished (can take a few minutes)

4. after it is finished it looks like this, but probably with a grey background, we change that now (additional grey thumbnails are now in your beamng vehicles folder, you can delete them)
    screenshot_00002.png

5. now the background color change! Press F11, click on Mission Group in top right corner window, and then on TSStatic

screenshot_00003.png

6. click on material editor on top left corner
    screenshot_00004.png

7. click at basic texture maps on the color square, a window opens and you can change the color in the window to a light grey (not white), and then click on select
    screenshot_00005.png

8.then click on this little floppy disk symbol under the grey window with white cube in it to save (or alt-s), press F11 again to leave the editor
    Unbenannt.png

9. now you are back at your bright showroom, and you can start making proper bright thumbnails and you don't need to make the first steps everytime if you saved the new color
    again: select car, then start generate thumbnails

Let me know if something was not understandable, i'm not good at writing stuff

#4 coolusername, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

where is generate thubmails ???? Well im working or make every thubmails in white

6. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

On the App on left side of first picture.

7. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok thx

8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

9. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Yeah with the new update. Now i think it wasn't possible before when you removed it to play it's music.

10. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

This is like an unofficial wiki, but idk if it's good to be a thread as threads are for conversations

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice