Unsolved exporting models with colmesh and lod correctly from 3ds max

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by CrashHard, Aug 8, 2016.

1. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Hey I`m stuck with my Crash Hard map, I have so many models now that it kills the fps at some areas of the map. And I`m starting to look into adding LODs and a simpler collision mesh to my models, but I can`t find any tutorials for 3ds max on how to set up everything and export it correctly to beamng. I have looked at the video tutorial for blender, but I do not know how to go about doing that in 3ds max (3D Studio max 2016). Really hope for anyone to help me out, so I can make the Crash Hard map a bit more fps friendly :)

2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey @Crash Hard 01 ,

sorry for the superlate reply.

I'll attach a 3ds max 2016 static object sample scene. Also take a look at this wiki article if you would like to add some more LODs.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the reply, better late than never ;) I had to sort to other workarounds (cut down on view distance, low res models) so I will have a look at this at a later time. but thanks for the file and the wiki link, it will come in handy :)

Update: I got some warnings when I exported the test file you gave me (all the root objects and dummy objects)
    But it is working in game :)
    and one question, for the main high res model, must it have a number at the end like the low res model? (a higher one)

#3 CrashHard, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  4. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

Turn this: meshCulling = "0";

To: meshCulling = "1";

On all of the TSStatic for more FPS.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the usefull tip :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice