1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Failed to create resource

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by james42, Aug 11, 2017.

1. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, when I load up any vehicle in game I get a message saying " failed to create resource (is the file missing?):event Surfaces>Ashphalt_Roll". Or "failed to create resource (is the file missing?):event Surfaces>Ashphalt_Skid" and I have no crash sounds, no skid sounds and no suspension sounds. I have tried to clearing the cache and verifying the integrity of the files but the problem remains. I have had this problem since the 0.10 update.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Safe mode? Mods disabled?

3. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, i have ran the game in safe mode but the problem still persists.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like perhaps something got deleted somewhere or maybe your Steam downloads are corrupted.

I would try the following:

1: Move your mods folder (and anything else you want to keep), out of BeamNG to a safe place.
    2: Remove the entire game through Steam.
    3: Re-download the game through Steam.
    4: Start the game with absolutely no mods anywhere near the game and see what happens. If good then add mods back
    one at a time until the problem arises again.

I get the feeling you were tinkering around with something and a file or material got deleted somehow.

5. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I uninstalled beamng through steam and completely removed any remnants of beamng i could find on my computer so i could have a completely clean install. I reinstalled it through steam but im still getting the same messages every time i spawn a vehicle. This seems to be a problem at my end as i can't see anyone else having this issue, just need to find out whats causing it...

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please wipe the 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive' folder and recheck.

7. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

I was playing around with the new Flexmesh Debug options, and BeamNG kept crashing to the desktop. I cleared my cache and enabled safe mode to see if the crash still occurred. The error you described happened to me the first time I started BeamNG after enabling safe mode / cleared cache. After one more restart, it went away, and hasn't returned. I don't know if you will find this info useful, but you're not the only one to experience this.

#7 EcoNadder77, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your suggestions, I have tried them all but I keep getting the same messages. I have also just realised that I also do not have any ambient sounds in game or on the main menu.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

10. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

All the game files were successfully validated.

Here is my support ID : 20238

#10 james42, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  11. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

After testing a few things I have discovered that when I change the audio device the game crashes and I get an error message saying:

BeamnNG.drive has exited unexpectedly

0x00000001

My support ID was 20238. My previous reply is waiting for moderator approval for some reason.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

For some reason the game is not able to work out your audio device. Could be a driver problem.
    Usually, users who had this kind of problem managed to solve it by simply reinstall the audio drivers.
    I'd give it a shot.

13. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

I've reinstalled my sound drivers but still no luck. It's looking like the new sounds aren't compatible with my computer for some reason. :(

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What device are you using for your audio? (if monitor via HDMI/DisplayPort cable, you should try to reinstall the Graphic Card drivers instead, as for example for Nvidia cards, those contains the drivers for that kind of audio)
    Have you tried another?

15. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

My current audio device is " Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio". I have a choice of Realtek Digital Output Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) , Realtek Digital Output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio) or T24C300 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio). I have the same results with all of them. Also, the game crashes when selecting a different audio device or running an audio test.

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We are very soon going to post an hotfix which should address some issues (also related to that)
    I advice to wait for it and then let us know how it goes :)

17. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Will do. Thanks Nadeox ! :)

18. mohsa

mohsa
    Expand Collapse

I am also having the same problem as you. I keep getting failed to create resource every time I load up a map from the main menu and even when I spawn a car in free roam. I also did the methods you did, such as go into safe mode, verify integrity, uninstall beamng and re-install, all doesn't seem to work. I don't have any audio source connected to my PC, I always play with no sound anyway. My PC specs are still decent and are not outdated so I don't think my hardware is the problem. It worked perfectly fine on the last 0.9 update but on this 0.10 update that's when I began getting errors like this. While I can bypass the errors by holding "Enter", its just annoying to have to do so and inconvenient.

19. james42

james42
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, the new update has not solved the issue I'm experiencing here. It no longer crashes when selecting a different audio source, however, the game becomes very unstable for about 30 seconds. It still crashes when performing an audio test. How about you @mohsa, did it solve your problem ?

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try to delete the 'Settings' folder located in Documents/BeamNG.Drive.
    If the crash still happens, please post a Support ID here after replicating it ( https://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#..._a_.27Support_Request.27._How_do_I_do_that.3F )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice