Solved Failure to shift (Modded engine problems)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ytrewq, May 20, 2017.

1. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

So I have a modded engine. The engine works perfectly well when nat. aspirated, but when I equip a turbocharger, it does not shift (manual in arcade mode). If I release the throttle for a second, it will shift as the revs decrease. What could be causing it?
    (No file added because I want to keep it private until it is finished)

2. IceyChow

IceyChow
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like your high shift point is too high (higher than the redline/unachievable) and when you release the throttle the transmission uses your low shift point. To fix this you needa change your redline/revlimiter and/or your high shift point which iirc uses the shift point defined in the turbocharger as the 'final' shift point/figure that carries over in the game/overrules the figures you set in the engine or transmission jbeam code.
    Could also be due to the arcade mode being unable to upshift as it can't grab traction to get up to the defined speed therefore reduce power (torque) when you are nearing the redline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice