Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, May 31, 2018.

1. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

So Fallout 76 is coming up soon. Any thoughts.

I hope the game takes place in a 1970's future instead of a 50's and 60's future. Yeah I know the Fallout series is made to be in a 1950's Future, but I want something new with it's theme and plus they did use the song Country Road which was made in the early 70's.

2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Any online features had better not get in the way of the singleplayer. Also, hoping the game will be playable at launch on PC (not all Bethesda games were... Skyrim had game-breaking bugs on launch for PC)

3. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Since it's Fallout, I don't think they could change the setting at all. IDK why they use a 70's song on a game with 50's setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

It sucks that this game is online only, Well that destroys all hype.

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yep, kills of any hope off it being any good. Also in an interview Todd Howard stated that it will have no NPCs except for robots and that "solo" will just mean on your own in the online game.

Its basically going to be a random death match game with no story or substance to speak of. Not to mention I won't be able to play it even if I wanted to, my internet simply isn't up to it.

#5 VeyronEB, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

They also apparently decided to release pre-orders before clarification of what Fallout 76 was (which was a few weeks ago).

7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

So basically hell with 12 year olds and Fatmans.

8. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

But on the bright side, we can use nukes in the game lol :p

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There are few RPG's that work for me, Fallout 2 is one of them and it seems there will not be better still.

Those action nonsenses that have been released under name of Fallout do nothing for me really. I can't get even to Baldur's gate as it is too 'action' for me, while having very vague combat, where character does combat and you mostly watch, despite everything happening at once like in action game, really weird.

Fallout 2 and alike are better for me, you have action points on your turn, that is what I can get into, but it seems there will be no such awesomeness in wonderful Fallout universe.

Thankfully I found Divinity Original sin, which offers bit of what Fallout 2 did, but just in whole different setting, but yeah really missing old Fallout goodness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mac1

Mac1
    Expand Collapse

The way I understand it, about 24 players (small servers) will be in a large open empty world (4 times the size of Fallout 4, with only the players and some monsters). They will form groups and build fortification, will also look for codes to obtain a nuke. The first group that gets it can nuke a place and get the loot; maybe can be another group’s base, or at least can attack them. Basically is a PvP shooting game a la Rust, any story or quests will be very limited and shallow, aimed at justifying it as an RPG and not an MMO. Can play it solo, but will be subject to groups attacking you, no fun there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nuclear pillow

nuclear pillow
    Expand Collapse

"country roads, take me home to the place where I belong, west Virginia mountain mama, take me home country roads."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice