1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Fastest you've gotten a car to go so far? (With or without Jbeam changes)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goliith, Aug 10, 2013.

1. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

2. benlucky13

benlucky13
    Expand Collapse

go to the vehicles folder of where you installed beamng, and go to the van folder. the files you need to mess with are the van_engine_v6.jbeam and van_wheels_R_heavy.jbeam (the van uses the v8 by default, but the transmission is located in the v6 folder.)

before changing anything, save a copy of these elsewhere (i usually just copy and paste them to the desktop). open the files with notepad.

now, in the v8 engine file look for the part that says: "engineTorque" . underneath that is a list of numbers. these numbers are the torque values for a certain rpm rate. since realism isn't our goal here, just multiply the torque values in the side column by 10. now instead of 190, 270, 400 etc. you should have 1900, 2700, 4000, etc.. great! now you have a ridiculously powerful engine in a moving van. except now the transmission isn't strong enough for that...

now do to the v6 engine file. scroll down to where it says "van_transmission_6A". then under the "engine" subsection for the "lockingTorqueLimit", which has a value of 600 normally. just add a zero or ten to that until the number is higher than the largest torque value you put in for the engine. now the engine has plenty of power and the transmission won't instantly break.

one more thing! we need enough traction to put that power to use, unless you just want to do burn outs.

this is where the heavy duty rear wheels folder is needed. scroll down to the "hubWheels" section, and then to //tireoptions. the 6th line down is {"frictionCoef"1.7}, change that to around 6 or 7.

voila! when you spawn the cargo van, be sure to use manual shifting. hold down the brake, gas, and clutch; then switch to forth gear and let off everything but the gas. should do a decent wheelie, and shifting up further will max your speed at around 130mph.

don't just use the values i gave you though. go mess around with everything! you made backups for a reason! go changing values just to see what happens. add a few more gears to the transmission and see how fast you can go with the ridiculous power the cargo van now has. give it even more power and see if you can do a back-flip! see what you can make happen.

3. bratska77

bratska77
    Expand Collapse

I've gone 450mph in a heavily modified Grand Marshall... before i realized that i hadn't strengthened the front wheels... and they exploded....

4. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

I just started modding hp last night, but so far I got the Cargo cabster up to 380mph using lower gear ratios and 12,000RPM and 9150hp.

That's in 4WD of course. Problem I'm having is the front axles seem to snap sometimes for no reason. Not sure how I can get this to go faster and maintain drivability and keep the front axles in tact.

5. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

you guys are so good at digging up old threads... people don't need that stupid info, just tell your friends, and don't waste peoples time.

6. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

You have such a bad attitude. If we make a new post then we hear "SEARCH DUMBASS" and if we just use existing threads then its your verbal harassment. Just because you aren't interested in the subject doesn't mean its stupid info. What a miserable jerk you can be.

7. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

It IS stupid info, it's an old thread, and quite frankly a useless thread. No one cares about these threads, and it's (like I said) a waste of people's time. If you were to make a thread like this someone like me or Hati would be upset because it's dumb. And remember these old threads were forgotten FOR A REASON, so don't bump them!

8. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

Go outside man.. take a break. Maybe meet a girl. So for every older thread on here it was deemed "dumb" thus forgotten for a reason? Really?

9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

That unwritten/written rule applies with help threads, not stuff like this where you are just saying what you did today. Nice try though, you made an effort, just for the wrong reason.

10. justin428

justin428
    Expand Collapse

Well there's your problem.. "unwritten rules." Have you actually read the thread? There are people here sharing ideas and forum members helping other members with ideas/implementation, "senior members" included. I got some ideas and inspiration from what a couple others said on here. There were sixty something post before mine, you know. Point is, just because some find a thread useless doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. The point of a forum is the sharing of ideas and conversing to one another. Just because some deem a thread "stupid" doesn't mean that thread should be banished to the dusty internet closet never to be seen again.

Look up on this very same page. You have one member asking a question and another being helpful in response. Exactly what a forum is for.

#70 justin428, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  11. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

You must not know how forums may work. Those replies up there? You see them? Those are SIX months old. That's called necroposting bud, and it's frowned upon on a lot of forums. We call it bumping, but it's the same thing.

12. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

Honestly the more drama you try to make out of it the more the thread gets bumped. Instead of replying you could just shut up.
    Granted the thread could be in offtopic by now ... but if someone feels the need to report his results of engine tuning so why the hell not. It's not your responsibility to keep the forums clean and friendly but the moderators.
    And as long as a thread doesn't get locked or deleted you're free to post in it.

13. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

once you hit 999 mph, the game lags WAY down...like 0.1 FPS literally. more like 3 FPM.

14. mtslittow

mtslittow
    Expand Collapse

Porsche 911: 328 km/h / 204 mph

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

strange, doesn't happen to me

16. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i got the bora over 900 mph

17. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

yea...I mean its a laptop, def runs decent on all high settings without AA and PostFX, but it lags down a lottt once I hit 1000, also when going from 25% speed to 1% speed, it runs very smooth with a slight slow-down.

after about 600mph with the Subaru, the wheels just pop off lol too much centrifugal force for the hubs to handle I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT...wow just saw all the drama that unfolded above, seemingly by the same 2 or 3 people that constantly feel the urge to police the forums as if they are moderators. people need to relax with the "why u bumping dis thread!!??", this wasn't a thread that was started with one of those "when iz dee updayre coming aut??!! need nauss!!!". I think this is a pretty cool thread honestly, and what would make it better is some screenshots.

18. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I have a girl. Her name is Heidi.

lol can you just calm down a bit

19. Happyfaller23

Happyfaller23
    Expand Collapse

Got the bolide to 200 MPH, uncontrollable, but it was fun.
    The brakes don't help in slowing the car down, and I hit a wall :)
    As for the argument uptop, please stop, it makes me sad.

20. MrRatBoy2000

MrRatBoy2000
    Expand Collapse

170 in the Grand Marshal

#80 MrRatBoy2000, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice