1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Fatal Error- The GPU is not responding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Twitch Axis, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Hello all,
    Before I go on with my issue, I'd like to give some backstory. Yesterday, I had to restart my computer because when I opened the lid, nothing was showing up except the login background for Windows 10. When it started up, it was wicked wicked slow. Nothing was working, the taskbar wasn't any app I double clicked wouldn't start. This went on for about 15 minutes, and then it worked fine again.. I did run Beamng.Drive yesterday night, and it was slower than usual, but running ok for the most part. Today, I opened Beamng, and as soon as it opened, I got this error. I have the latest Windows version, however I haven't updated my graphics drivers since 2015 when I got the laptop, and I have never gotten an error from Beam before. I am not even sure how to do this, I looked through the graphics panel that comes up when you right click on your home screen.

When I tried playing Fortnite, I also got an error saying "Unsupported Graphics Card". After saying this, I should probably post this on Intel Forums, but since it started with Beamng, and theres a ton of geniouses here, I will post here anyways. Specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    Other OS Description: Not Available
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    System Name: *****-LAPTOP
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 5558
    System Type: x64-based PC
    System SKU: Inspiron 5558
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A05, 8/26/2015 ***VERY OLD*** Idk how to update
    SMBIOS Version: 2.8
    Embedded Controller Version: 255.255
    BIOS Mode: UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    BaseBoard Model: Not Available
    BaseBoard Name: Base Board
    Platform Role: Mobile
    Secure Boot State: On
    PCR7 Configuration: Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale: United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "10.0.16299.248"
    User Name: *****-LAPTOP\acecr
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory: 7.92 GB
    Available Physical Memory: 4.18 GB
    Total Virtual Memory: 14.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory: 10.7 GB
    Page File Space: 7.00 GB
    Page File: C:\pagefile.sys
    Device Encryption Support: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions: Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware: No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection: Yes

I have a feeling that the answer is going to be updating drivers, if someone could shed some light on how to do it, that'd be great.

NOTE: This laptop model was discontinued by the manufacterer a few years ago, but IDK when. Luckily my new PC is coming this week.

UPDATE: I opened SupportAssist on my PC and went to the online drivers download for my PC, searched in bios, and surprisingly there was an update for the 13th of February. I downloaded it and everything worked again. I had a feeling that the problem was that bios was having a stroke, it was from 2015.

#1 Twitch Axis, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

You have Lady Luck on your side then, because GPUs are finicky creatures. Usually the GPU will start displaying some weird artifacts, missing textures, and corrupted pixels/weird lines for a while before it finally gives up.

3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Yes...but I am also male so idk how...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice