1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

"fatal error: unable to get original node positions"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Toron Beldevar, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

I've been working on the Roamer Sport and getting it updated (again...), although there seems to be an issue somewhere. The vehicle does not appear when I try spawning it. There aren't any reported code errors, although I do get "BeamNGVehicle::spawnObject|fatal error: unable to get original node positions" and a bunch of duplicate part errors (although that's beside the point).
    • I'm using copies of the 0.5.6.1 Roamer files.
    • The mod files are in a "roamer" folder, just as they always have been since the second iteration, so that one can switch between the long and short frame in the parts selector.
    • All of the old 0.5.3.x (?) files are in a subfolder labelled "archive" so they should be ignored.
    • I did make node position adjustments, although that's basically it. Several recent tests with node/beam changes to fit the Sport frame worked perfectly.
    I'll try using clean copies again tomorrow and see where I went wrong.

(Also, I changed the resolution of the game window spontaneously while writing this, and now the game UI doesn't work either. :()

2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi , please check your Pm ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice