favorite driving physics.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by slipperycoma397, Mar 23, 2014.

1. slipperycoma397

slipperycoma397
    Expand Collapse

So this is sort of trying to contribute to the game... i just wanted to know everyone's favorite driving physics/how the cars handle in certain games. my favorite so far is Driver: San Francisco, and autoclub revolution. although it needs major improvements, ACR could be AWESOME! any other opinions can be stated down below.

2. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Your favorites make me unable to take your opinion serious in any way, sorry, have a good day. :/

wat? i dont even...
    Also im sure there are similair threads already.

#2 NkosiKarbul, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. slipperycoma397

slipperycoma397
    Expand Collapse

Ok, i meant the way the car drives, sorry for the confusion. furthermore, i thing that the way the cars drive in ACR look like they could be better... the whole game needs a lot of improving before it gets my vote.

4. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Hm ok then i might have missunderstood that, but i mean if it still needs a lot of improvements i dont understand why it is already your favorite while there might be better alternatives?
    And Driver is just arcade all the way, i dont know actually about ACR but it looks very arcadish too from intertia for example. What is about games like LFS or Forza or R-factor? I did never test the last two very much as they came not even close to what LFS feels like in my opinion. That does not mean LFS is the most realistic, yet i have the impression, which is probably not objective.
    But why Driver for example? It is so far down the list of realistic games that it would not even be on page 1 i think.^^

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Forza always did a good job of feeling like it had some realistic physics, but there is a slight oddness to the vehicle handling and sure enough you compare it to the real world and it is just really really wrong. Kinda have to play it to understand it.

6. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

forza is my favorite, not saying its the most realistic. I really like playing forza 4 on my xbox anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get this thread though... are you saying to base this game off how other games feel? Why not base it off how real life feels?.. which is what they're doing.

7. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Edit2: The complete nagging of me about comparing of rl and games you see below in this post, was caused by a missunderstanding on my side. Feel free to skip or read it anyway. XD

Comparing it to real life is actually the only thing you can do as everything else you could take for comparishment is artifical produced phantasy of programmers.
    Why would comparing it to real life be very very wrong, made me laugh actually.
    What would you compare it then to? Or what would you take as example for circumstances to reach/seek for? Another game?...
    Thats like saying it would be unreasonable to search for realism in games as they are just games. Such thinking negates the possibility of ever reaching realism, i dont mean absolute real life circumstances as we dont even understand real life physics completely and probably never will because "you cant percieve a system in its complete extent as long you are within the same system". But it is very well possible to aspire realism, even if we may be limited due to the very weak hardware we invented until this day. Weak only if we talk about simulating real physics.
    Forza did of course do a good job, otherwise i would not have mentioned it and i said also that my opinion might not be objective, so forza might even be better than LFS, i just dont know enough to be able to tell. Would realy have to play it more time to allow myself a judgement.
    But again, what do you want to take as model/perspective if not real life... there is nothing else that you could or should take as guideline for your work, otherwise you will just recreate unrealistic circumstances that where created by someone else in front. Furthermore, as a copy of copy is nearly always worse than the original the logic kinda forces you to take real life as model in the first place.

Edit: I think what you tried to say is, you should not expect absolute realism. I would agree on that one, but i dont want to tell you what you tried to say! Just a thought.

#7 NkosiKarbul, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  8. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I don't think he was saying that you can't compare it to real life. I believe he was trying to say that the game felt realistic, but if you were to compare it to real life, it wouldn't be very realistic.

9. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Yes i would agree on that completely too.
    Still you have to compare to have any base for an opinion and so it isnt wrong at all, thats all i tried to say. :)
    Once again with way too many words i guess. XD

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

What I meant to say is that when you compare the forza physics to real life, the forza physics feel wrong. I didn't mean that comparing forza and real life would be wrong. Take forza on its own though and it does feel pretty decent.

11. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

What!? You play Forza 4 on an Xbox, no way!? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I personally play it on an MSP430G2452IN20 like a boss

13. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

iRacing an Assetto Corsa have the best driving feel in my opinion.

14. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Nice! :p I'm hoping for a port to my Super One BoxX.

15. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

LFS is and have been the best for the last decade.

16. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to agree with you on Assetto Corsa. Hands down the best racing simulator I have ever played. It is absolutely fantastic.

17. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Assetto Corsa. :)

18. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

do you guys all have racing wheels for when you play assetto corsa?

19. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I've tried it with an xbox 360 controller and it is ok, but it is really only worth it if you have a racing wheel.

20. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

So the game is really worth the $40? (Asseto Corsa)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice