Feature request: automatic visible mesh collision in forest brush

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by bob.blunderton, Feb 20, 2017.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I can't seem to make meshes collide on their own.
    *someone in the background* "Hey blundering idiot, use VISIBLE mesh!"
    I absolutely am positive I am unable to learn BLENDER3D to give things without a collision mesh a simplified mesh for collision.

I want to make it so that I can use some building models in my forest brush, to make a city map.
    Well, i can use them, i can script them in, but you can't bump into them because they lack a collision mesh.
    It would be wonderfully nice if there was a way to tell the forest brush to use 'visible mesh' for collision.
    I can only do this from the F1 object editor, but sadly, very sadly, we're limited to just north of 4000 objects in a map, and quite frankly, any real city has thousands upon thousands of objects per square mile.

So you can see where I am going with this.

Surely I want to make a city map, Surely I'd love to show everyone what a city I can envision. Surely I was to make your CPU and GPU scream bloody murder in agony. Surely every reviewer of computer hardware and such will want your game and this future map to test up-and-coming new cutting edge video and processor hardware... for the next 20 years (as if my Roane County map didn't already do that!). Yes! Well maybe not that bad - but I hope I got my point across. No, I'd really like a way to implement visible collision automatically via a forest file definition (in brushes or manageditemdata). This would be LOVELY.
    If there's another way, via an automated script, please, please let me know. I know it can be done for objects placed from the object editor... but not for stuff in the forest brush to my best knowledge. Thanks!

Is there ANY way to make a simple collision mesh in blender? IS there a tutorial?
    Several people are stuck on this in mapping. I have found this time and again.
    I have surely seen in times past, how to import models into beamng.drive tutorials. I can't get anywhere with those and quite frankly have completely and utterly given up trying to use sketchup and blender.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Exporting_static_objects

It's pretty easy.
    You need two empty, named 'base00' and 'start01'.
    Then under them, you have your visible mesh and your collision mesh.

That's the basic.
    If you want lods, you just have to add number as explained in the image.

The other parts are not needed, at least, I never used them and I didn't have problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice