1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

FFB is awesome, thats all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brother_Dave, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Finally got my FFB sorted, set the steering angle to the correct one (old wheel, couldnt find what angle it had in its drivers, not how much it rotated) and finetuned every other setting for it and now its so damn good. Also, this has opened my eyes for the different track versions, time attack versions and so on, they are all now so very much more controllable than before. Except the brake values which are still too much of a on/off switch for me so i bring those down so that they barely lock up at full braking, and also set brake balance more to the front on some.

Thats all! Ive complained about FFb and the different version of the stock cars available and so on but damn thats changed thanks to me getting the FFB right, so i thought i needed to express this burst of joy i brings!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thank you for the kind words :)

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it can take some tweaking to get it to work properly, but when one gets it set properly FFB is really great now.

Also I agree with brake lockup being bit sensitive, with some configs 30-40% is enough to lockup wheel and it makes bit challenging to drive fast, but I think there is some valid reason for that or maybe controller used to tune braking is bit different from basic potentiometer pedal we have.

For brake I have ended up using non linear curve so that it ramps up at the end, because brake lock up so early I don't need to push pedal to end like ever, but non linear setup allows more pedal movement for usable part of brakes.

That is useful with street cars especially.

With race configs I set brake pressure to around 30% mostly, for gravel can be as low as 25%, but rarely more than 40% is necessary.

Brakes are also quite nice when setting up enough low brake pressure, but I think hammer then ease off tactic is not working very well, gradual buildup is working better with BeamNG brakes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

I agree that brakes are too strong in some cars. In, say, the Bolide it is justifiable by the fact it is probably only on road tires because it legally has to be, and was tuned for race tires, but a lot of cars can lock up quite easily. From my experience, 100% brakes on dry asphalt is barely enough to activate ABS in a modern car, and some older cars that could lock up with bias ply tires can't get close with modern radials. I think brakes could stand to be reduced in pressure 15-20% in most vehicles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice