1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

ffb issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by 1111milo, May 17, 2021.

1. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

I have a g29 wheel and all of a sudden beamngs force feedback started to feel very weird. This was about 30 mins after i installed some out dated mods and changed my monitor because of gpu problems. I have reninstalled beamng and got rid of the mod but i still have the same problem (the problem is only in beamng my other games feel fine) .

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I have a g920 and thought my good days were over since ive read that g920 had problems in BeamNG and mine worked fine upto a point when it didnt.
    Ive since updated my Logitech G Hub again (i think it was an update to that that caused the first problems) and redone my Beamng ffb settings, including checking the Inverted box. Now it works. Im using something like ffb strength 255, smoothing 100ish.

Another big plus is that now all of a sudden the soft lock works if i start G Hub while playing BeamNG, and change the rotation angle (i like somewhere around 540 in order to be able to catch drifts and what not). Before this it worked but killed the actual ffb and just reverted to autocentering force.

I have a recommendation if you get this running. Open the actual inputmaps file in the user folder, Settings\Inputmaps or whatever its called. Change the gForceCoeff to 0.8 (play around with the values 0.8 being quite strong, maybe go with 0.6) and thatll boost the feeling of whats happening with the vehocle, IMO boosting the feeling for where the limit of the cars grip is. Found a paper on the subject a year or so ago that stated that the gforce value for drivers in games should be comparably 0.8.

3. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

thank you ill try it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice