1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

FFB not working on version 0.6.0.0.2707

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by JO Simracing, Jul 27, 2016.

1. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

I have just installed the games and have a go at configuring the FFB for my Leo Bodnar Steering System 2. I'm struggling to set this up. Almost no FFB at all regardless of the configuration I'm using.
    Could you please help me to setup the FFB for this wheel? Thanks.

You might have in the log file I sent details about the current conf for the FFB on the Xaxis of my steering wheel.

The Leo Bodnar SimSteering software parameters are as follows:
    [current]
    centeroffset=-2448
    stopsside=900.07
    overalldamping=12
    stopsstiffness=40
    stopsdamping=4
    alleffects=100
    dampereffects=20
    inertia=12
    friction=2

Thanks for your help.
    JOsimracing

2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

It's the first time I hear about this wheel, please carefully follow the wheel setup guide and let me know at exactly which point of the guide you start having problems: http://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup
    Where is this file? Was it sent though a support request? If so, which is the ID number of it, so I can locate it? Thanks!

3. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

I followed the guide to the extent I can considering my wheel is not a logitech one. If I restart the program and load a car, there is FFB for a second when the car and track loads... I can feel the strenght in the wheel but then it immediate goes when I start driving the car.

I'm afraid I can't find the ticket ID but I could produce a new support request if suitable.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    --- Post updated ---
    Have now resubmitted the log/support info file with ID 2280
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually it says ticket 7394 created...

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I cannot see any obvious problems. Please try going to the menu Controls > Force Feedback, click on the steering binding for your steering wheel to edit it.
    If you scroll down a bit, you'll see an option "Strength", currently at 450. Please set that to the max value instead (1000), see if you then also get FFB while driving.

5. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

I have followed all the steps and with no improvement on the situation. The FFB is there for a fraction of a second when the car loads but then it goes as soon as the car finish loading. The new version hasn't changed the situation... What else can we do? Have you find out anything else about Leo Bodnar's wheels (Simsteering 2 systems?). This is a high end Direct Drive Wheel that, considering your literature, I though you would support.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards,

6. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea why it's not working. We only have about 10-15 steering wheel models we can test, out of the hundreds and hundreds of different models available on the market, so it's impossible to test them all and make sure they all work. But nearly all of them work correctly. Yours is an exception, and I have a total of only two other users in the last year with FFB problems that I haven't had time to debug and have no clue what the issue may be.

Can you please add the FFB Graph app to your screen and record a small video of the problem? http://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup#Visualizing_the_improvements
    Just add the app, then load a vehicle so that I can see the changes in the graph while you try to move the steering wheel to get reaction forces.

Thanks!

7. trigger7

trigger7
    Expand Collapse

Hey.

I'm one of the other guys who have trouble with FFB from another thread ( http://www.beamng.com/threads/ffb-with-osw.24991/#beamng-drive.17 ).
    The OSW is another Direct Drive wheel, just like the Leo Bodnar Steering System 2.

I loaded the game with the FFB Graph app, and as far as I could tell, everything seemed fine on the graphs.

However, I don't know if it's related but I noticed that when I reload the vehicule with Ctrl+R, I get FFB for a fraction of a second, then it stops and I see a brief message on the top-left corner of the screen saying "Controller with force feedback detected. Disabling steering from the other controllers.".

I tried to shoot a video (including the real-life steering wheel so you could see it reacting to ctrl+r), but it was too dark and you couldn't see anything... I'll redo when I have the time and better lighting condition :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

This. Ctrl+R and then losing ffb is happening to me too. Also happens when replacing current vehicle. It will not happen every time, but when it happens it's very annoying. This can be fixed (for me atleast) by going to ffb settings and then hitting 'apply'.

I have done clean reinstall recently but it didn't fix it. I believe it all started in update 0.5 however I'm not sure about this. In 0.5 it was easier to fix, only going to 'Controls' in the menu refreshed the settings (or something, I actually have no idea how any of this works) and the ffb was back.

My wheel: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel
    :)

9. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly the behavior I'm experiencing... Video will follow shortly.
    --- Post updated ---
    As requested, video showing FFB app with wheel reacting initially to FFB at 01:09 but then immediately losing it:
    Link to Steering Wheel manufacturer details:
    http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=261

10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Replying just to mention that I have read your posts (thanks for the video too!), even if I have not had time to work on this. It's still in my backlog.

11. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

Hi Stenyak, just wondering if there is any progress on this. Thanks.

Regards,

12. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I've got no response from some of the wheel manufacturers so far, and I haven't had time to work on this either.

I understand you could be frustrated because of this, but unfortunately there are many pending issues that affect a greater amount of users. We have extremely limited manpower, so we literally don't have time to hunt down all the bugs that we know of (the list is really, really long); otherwise development would stall, and the vast majority of users wouldn't see any progress at all

Instead, we need to prioritize what we work on at each given moment. This means that the force feedback problems on these specific devices will most probably not get fixed in the next few weeks, or more. I know this is far from ideal, but I have my hands full and really cannot do anything more :-/
    As a reminder, if this lack of proper FFB prevents you from enjoying the game, you can try requesting a refund on steam, or ask our support team if bought via humble bundle.

13. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

Hi Stenyak,
    I'm not interested in the refund and appreciate your situation. I hope that you will be able to go through your busy tasklist and eventually get to correct this issue with Direct Drive Wheels. Looking forward to checking progress on this when time allows.

I would appreciate some sort of update from time to time if that's possible. Thanks.

And thanks for your responses so far.

Kind regards,

14. Helldriver

Helldriver
    Expand Collapse

Any news yet? I have the same problems with my direct drive wheel.

15. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

No news, the situation is the same as in my last post.

16. JO Simracing

JO Simracing
    Expand Collapse

Hi @stenyak
    I had a go the other day to check if you had managed to get to the FFB item/bug in your development list and it's great to see that it is working now! I've give it a go and have to say you are doing a great work with this sim. I'm enjoying it. I'm leaving here a video I've uploaded to my channel so that you can see how good it's looking. Great work!

17. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Glad to read that, enjoy it!!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice