first car

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by youdidwhat!!, Dec 2, 2015.

1. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget to check for rust when you go to look at it knowing England puts salt on their roads during winter so rust is a big problem over there oh and one big thing check the dip stick for clean oil
    (simple car buying advice)

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

One tip I read in an ATV buying guide (where it applies a bit better) was to smell the oil-fill area with the cap off.

Used cars at a dealership will have fresh oil. Period. That's on the dealer's list of must-do things just like washing the car. Generally speaking, anyone selling a car is also bright enough to have the oil changed. They can't necessarily eliminate the "burned oil / bad oil" smell though...

• Like Like x 1
  4. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

rust isn't that bad our road salt is as strong as newborn baby lol

5. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

I just need to find £450 now someong gimmy money jk

6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

for one minute I thought it was being sold by a private seller before you mentioned that but anyway @youdidwhat!! I say go for it.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I query why the price is so low...

allow the engine to run until it is well heated, check the oil again (carefully). Dealerships here don't usually do a full change, it costs them too much, on a £450 car you're lucky they cleaned it.

and yes do check rust, as a fellow British driver, it does do damage to the car, the underside in particular and around the inside of the arches. Bottom of doors are a common point to have had moisture trapped doing damage.

although the part you may not have considered. First car, even 1.4l comes at added insurance premium for a first timer, let alone 2.0

• Like Like x 1
  8. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure about it cant really afford it unless we can finace it or something plus I was thing a pergot 306 tdi 1.9 is cheeper on insurance plus more mpg 22.4 isn't that good

9. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

Something safe and has power steering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice