1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Fix the ETK i-Series?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ForeverAGamer10, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ForeverAGamer10

ForeverAGamer10
    Expand Collapse

I haven't played in a while and when I got on today I started drivin the ETK I series around and it felt like crap. What happened to this things screaming 7 thousand RPM? It just feels slow and reserved now, and I feel like it's kinda ruined. Anybody agree or am I alone?

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

How long is this "while"? The engine sounds changed in 0.13 (I believe) to give cars more variety instead of having that generic V8 for each

3. ForeverAGamer10

ForeverAGamer10
    Expand Collapse

Around 4-6 months probably. It was after they added different sounds and stuff, but before East Coast

4. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Don't you mean West Coast?

East Coast has been in the game since 2013/2014 :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Latest map added was Automation Test track and I think it was around that much time ago.

West coast has been almost a year in game, I think?

What has change is force feedback, you might need new settings for that if you play with a wheel, but FFB was improved greatly.

Not sure what you mean by I-series feeling slow, top speed, acceleration or slides less?

I rarely use that car, but I don't recall there being lot of changes, except some configs now have AWD, Knallhart or what it was called was changed that way I guess.

So check if your config is now AWD instead of RWD, maybe it is that?

6. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

What mods do you have? The Ultimate config pack breaks the I-series engine and makes all of the configs have the stock engine, as do a few others I believe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. ForeverAGamer10

ForeverAGamer10
    Expand Collapse

Alright I figured it out! Maybe it was an update or maybe a mod I installed, but for some reason the i-series 2400tix Evo had the 2.4L base engine in it instead of the tuned 3.0L. Feels a lot like it used to now. Still doesn't hit 7 thousand like I remember, but I think I was still playing when they brought the limiter down to 6500, which I didn't like.

8. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you definitely have UCP of another mod installed that's breaking things. You should be able to get ECU upgrades and the like to increase the redline.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice