*FIXED*I have a problem with partitions.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by jeffbox, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

So I wanted to make a partition from a hard drive, so I go to Disk Manager, right click on the hard drive I wanted to partition, I hit Shrink volume, I type to Shrink 64000 MB, and it should appear a square box with a black band on top, indicating that is Unallocated space next to my Primary Partition. But it didn't happen. My 64 GB have disappeared from my hard drive. The problem is, I can't get them back because there isn't any Unallocated space so the Extend volume is greyed out. Now I don't know how to get them back.
    --- Post updated ---
    With a little bit of serching I found a solution, so i'll share it if someone has the same problem with invisible Unallocated space. There is a free tool called MiniTool partition wizard, here is the web page, you donload it, and then install it but don't hit next too quickly so you don't install something else. After installing, open it and you should see that Unallocated space that is not visible in the Disk Manager. Click the Primary partition. Then on the left side panel, click Extend Partition, and now drag the slider to the right so you get all the space, hit OK, and finally hit Apply whitch is located on the top bar.

I'm not really good at explaining things but I hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice