FIXED: My mod attempt makes all sunbursts invisible

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by UlfuRSkegG, Apr 13, 2016.

1. UlfuRSkegG

UlfuRSkegG
    Expand Collapse

Well this is embarrassing. I attempted to create a mod for the sunburst, and whenever it is an "active mod" it makes all sunbursts invisible/nonexistent when spawned. When this happens my fps look good and I can look around just fine, so I doubt it's lag.

+ I put my mod in the Documents>BeamNG.drive>mods
    + It is in a .zip file in this fasion: new_sunburst.zip>vehicles>sunburst>(.jbeam files)

I have three .jbeam files there:
    - the first is for a custom engine
    - the second is for a custom turbo
    - the third is for a custom transmission

(none of which are working)​

As I said it only affects sunbursts when it is active. I'm not sure if this is a common problem or not, but could it be conflicting with other files (possibly each other)?

2. UlfuRSkegG

UlfuRSkegG
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! :) You were right, syntax error. Two of them were missing the opening {

3. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

When I modded the coupe 200bx jbeam(Just switched the wheel cam to the left side of the car instead of the right) I had this problem. The car wouldn't list correctly and was invisible when spawned.

The way I fixed it is by just simply restarting the game. After that everything loaded fine.

I would be cool if BeamNG added another camera option which is the left side wheel camera. I don't like it being on the right side because I'm used to driving on the left side. Especially after playing RoR. It's kinda weird to be driving a car with the steering wheel on the left side, but the wheel cam is on the right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice