1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Fixing broken lua files

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by camaro69502ss, Dec 9, 2018.

1. camaro69502ss

camaro69502ss
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I stumbled upon a couple of mods that i like but are outdated. So i'm Assuming that the LUA files are broken, so i want to know how to fix them.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

That depends on what is broken ofc ;)
    A good start is to look at the beamng log to see what's wrong :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

It could be many things other than the lua files. It’s mostly jbeam files that break as the game updates.
    I never really understood the log. I just look under the hood and see what needs to be changed. That’s how I learned how to fix old skins for the CRD.:p
    I think as I learn about the inner workings more I could use the log and understand how to fix other mods.:rolleyes:

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

usually, the console will be spammed with a ton of RED lines, and near the top of the grouping of red lines will say something to the effect of "Cannot decode xyz.jbeam, exception near line "650" ( ] )"...that last bit with the bracket, in my experience, is what is actually wrong, meaning near or on line 650, there is a ] bracket in the wrong place. That applies to when you fiddle with the engine or suspension jbeam and you mess something up...I have seen that a million times. Luckily, thats where the console comes in and tells you what is wrong. There are many more instances of that happening but with different causes, so that specific example I provided is typical if you are messing around in jbeam files and you screw up syntax....thats my $0.02

• Like Like x 1
  5. camaro69502ss

camaro69502ss
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

ok this is the one i'm trying to fix

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice