1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Fixing Damaged Sheetmetal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SHOme1289, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday I got the idea to use the nodegrabber, use the floor nodes to "Attach" to the ground (keep the car still) and used the node grabber to pull the sheetmetal back into shape. It actually was quite entertaining, after watching that russian guy on YouTube do all those body repairs on totally smashed cars. Arthur, I think his name is? Anyway, I got pretty close to fixing some pretty badly bent up cars, will post a video or some screenshots of repaired cars. It was especially cool securing the cars and "pulling" back the rear quarter panels, watching the surrounding metal move back into place. Ill go into the body jbeam files and strengthen up the hinges and latches of the doors, etc, so when I pull those parts back, they dont just rip right off. Figured I'd share my experience yesterday, it was kind of addicting lol I smashed the rear of a legran at around 50 mph with a Pessima and managed to get the car back into shape, even fixing the trunk lid lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to try that.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You can couple nodes, that way you can attach loose door for example :)

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

while possible in theory, it would be really hard to do that with the "picky" nodegrabber as is, between awkwardly clicking the MMB and moving the mouse intricately (at least on my mouse) would be difficult to do accurately and with any sort of smoothness. I feel the nodegrabber needs somewhat of an overhaul.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

CTRL+ mouse scroll adjust strength, 0% is good when coupling nodes
    ALT + mouse scroll adjust camera speed, makes life easier, I had it quite too fast there

With other than 0% strength node grabber is bit too fast.

Also I wonderfully managed to miss one click on that video, also I found out doors be quite well attached, they won't come off without serious force :p

Anyway it is not hard at all to attach the door, but need to set node grabber strength to 0% before coupling nodes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did finally found something to get keys shown up on video, not very good or pretty, but maybe useful to know what keys I use when attaching the door:

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

yea I was having some fun with it yesterday, rear ending a sunburst and repairing the trunk lid and quarter panel damage was quite interesting, I managed to get everything lined up like original, besides the broken taillight textures. quite entertaining as long as you have patience. I find it easiest to secure the car to the ground with the node grabber set to 100%, that way I can yank and tug at the sheetmetal without the car moving all over the place. pretty cool, adds a bit of "something else to do" to the game lol

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice