Flat tire sound and Derby mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Brother_Dave, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Would be nice.

Thats all.

Also, a derby mode where the body (or rather the effected jbeams) gets say 50% 'damage', should be the same as double strength, so that a race can be held for a period of time, instead of the lovely accurate realism we have now where the race is over from one crash. Combined with suspension parts that would be say 200% stronger would make for durable derbys. Really enjoy the derby mods we have but they could still have more to offer.

2. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

If you want a flat tire sound i already made everything to implement this in my mod, it's working, but i don't find any sound... Because it's not easy to find a good flat tire sound

3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

So, i added a sound file, probably sounds way harder than you want, recorded it off a YT vid and put ZERO effort into it. Also, youll have to get Audacity or similar to crop the file to just one revolution, think its about 3 now.

Attached Files:

4. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

So i did something i give you the beta version it's not awesome but it's quite good :)
    If you don't know how to install check my thread "Better Sounds Mod" https://www.beamng.com/threads/better-sounds-mod-4-2-work-with-0-11-0-5.38669/

Attached Files:

5. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Not bad at all! It does sound alittle like theres something loose but overall i really like it :)

6. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

"Like there is something loose" i don't understand

7. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Soudns bit like something is rattling around. I can heara the tire sound flapping around, also sounds like the wheels is hitting the ground but also a sound that is like stones in a metal can, rattling noise.

8. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it's hard to find a good sound :/

9. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

But after listening to it ingame (watched a vid earlier) the flat tire sound isnt bad :) Maybe just alittle bit rattling but im not sure anymore. I do think a clean version of the classic thumping sound would be nice to hear, for comparison. Other than that i line you sound mods, all are abit on the loud side for me but still really nice.

10. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Look my latest post :) https://www.beamng.com/threads/better-sounds-mod-4-2-work-with-0-11-0-5.38669/page-40

11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Just realized Wreckfest released a 'Realistic' damage mode, its time for Beamng to do the opposite lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice