Flood Mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Octothorp Obelus, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

In most cars, if you push the gas pedal to the floor and attempt to start the engine, it cuts off the fuel supply and just leaves the engine to crank without fuel. Would be great to add to beam for the extra realism because it could be a way to remedy hydro-locked engines as well as the possibility to have an engine stop due to too much fuel and not enough air in the mixture :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I thought you were talking about this:

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Same.

As for OP: This would be neat but pointless since ingame cars dont flood.

Also, cutting the fuel supply wont magically not have the cars hydrolock. The cars hydrolock because the piston's natural compression movement tries to compress water. Not because of the fuel injection.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

After further research you can fix a hydrolocked engine under very special circumstances. It is usually only fixable it the engine was at low RPM during the lock, and you can only empty it by removing the spark plugs and cranking it. I guess the devs will decide whether or not to add that in :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Yes i know about that method, however it only works BEFORE it gets hydrolocked, when there's water in the engine but nothing is broken. In the game you can just run the car normally to fix it.

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

It's a nice thought bought on the side, if a car is smart enough to cut off fuel supply because it senses that the accelerator is pushed in
    to deep shouldn't it also then be smart enough to prevent the starter motor from cranking the engine ?

7. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Why would you want the engine to not crank? the pedal thing is to make sure you can start it up if the engine runs way too rich on idle.

8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Yes I see now.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice