Fmod Full integration?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by supercharge71, Jul 17, 2017.

1. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, forgive me if this is the wrong place because I don't post much, but I have a few questions about the future of Fmod with beamng and if the video below will one day be possible since Fmod was used to make the sounds presented in the video. I feel like it would allow beamng to have incredibly realistic sounds. So, is it possible currently or will it ever be possible?

Here's a preview of the sounds:

2. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

give me time last update we got the new sound system or something. BeamNG CANT USE copyrighted things. This could be a mod but it could not go on the respiratory. It would have to be private.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Someone is currently working very hard on the sound system. They'll be done when they're ready.

• Like Like x 1
  4. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

I know Beam can't use copyrighted material in official updates, I was just using the video to illustrate what is possible with FMod I never stated that we should use the sounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

ah you just were not that clear. We are getting sounds, someone is working on them and has been for a while, it could be soon or next year. We dont know.

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

FMOD is no doubt being worked on, probably aggressively. I am personally hoping to see some sort of implementation released
    this year, even as a feedback test. The more I play BeamNG the more I realize how the lack of even decent sounds is holding back
    the immersion, or terror of, a good car wreck:D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice