Unsolved Force feedback for RX-7

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by yannis01186, Sep 5, 2018.

1. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

Hello everybody I have an issue with my mazda: We reported me that the steering wheels is behaving weird. It does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do.
    How can I solve this ?
    Thanks
    (you can download my car on the forum if you want)

2. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

It's a mod. Ask the RX-7';s creator.

3. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

He is the mod's creator.

My suggestion would be to tinker with the caster angle, as it may be backwards to what it should be, causing the steering to have opposite force feedback. I am probably wrong though, but it sounds similar to riding a bike with the handlebars turned 180°

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

It's me :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry I don't really understood, where can I tinker the caster angle ? on the steering wheels or on the car files ?

5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

When you say it is doing the opposite of what its supposed to do... I am assuming we are saying that rather than self centering, it is instead automatically steering in the direction you have turned the wheel? Does that sound about right? Basically like when you are driving a car in reverse and you turn the wheel... instead of auto centering, it instead will try to steer to full lock.

If this is what it is doing, then the issue it purely geometry baised. Caster angle will help with this issue as suggested already. Another thing that can cause this is the incorrect setup for steering geometry. If your front wheel center is slightly forward of your steering axis on your suspension you can also get this effect... you can almost think of it like the front wheel on a shopping cart. the wheel always follows where you want it to go if it is behind the pivot point. Naturally the further back the wheel, the higher the correcting force. 99% of the time though, you want the center of the wheel lined up with the steering axis center. Another thing that can mess it up is how you set up your steering ackerman angle. If that is out of whack, that can also wreak havoc with your steering forces.

Edit: I will say that I haven't seen your car as I am sitting at work... so it could be setup right and I just don't know because I can't see it :p

#5 atv_123, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

oh ok, didnt know :p

7. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I don't really understood, where the caster angle ? o
    The fact is that I haven't got a steering wheel (it's what peaple repport me) so I don't know how it is realy
    Second fatc is that I have modified the steering position (because it's a RHD car) compared to to 200BX (base car)

8. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

Do you have this line at the end of your steering jbeam section??

"input": {
    "FFBcoef":1,
    },

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice