1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 ERS/KERS how would it work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKB, Oct 23, 2020.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Well.. as afar as I know, we do have a hybrid system implemented courtesy of @Arcanox .. but also a question arises in my head of how we would enable or disable it.. would it be like the nos button?

Like a separate button for ers activation and different modes for it like overtake, high etc like maybe by using mode switches like the esc selector?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Would require more apps, but would be a cool addition for the next supercar

3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

I agree to that..
    The Dev's should also if they want implement what most of the modders are creating in their time.. like the Multiplayer mod, the hybrid system like they did with the AI.. but I guess they have their hands full since they aren't that big of a team.. but still props to them for creating such an amazing game.....
    --- Post updated ---
    And now to charge my phone as it's at 1% battery.. :p

4. Kevinkawaiix

Kevinkawaiix
    Expand Collapse

maybe you can just put in a n02 but with more power instead of the regular one, if not they should make or Overhaul an existing f1 mod with no2 so it can be like ERS/KERS it would also be cool if they add something like DRS, knowing that we can have something like roof/hood flaps on a nascar mod we can have something that at a certain speed it makes the spoiler "bars" straight.

5. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

But it wouldn't recharge ? that seems like a really half-assed execution.

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Most KERS were are made by using both a ICEV powertrain and an EV powertrain. This as numerous problems.
    1. Unnecessary battery discharge. When at 20% throttle, both the ICE and the electric motor are using 20% power, which drains battery when not needed
    2. Poor regen efficiency/handling. Regen only active during braking, however since the regen torque curve is not defined, regen power is not regulated, results in poor handling due to lack of brake balance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

what about kinetic or hydropneumatic systems?

8. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

Ehhhhh. First problem is solved by advanced hybrid algorithms that look at speed, throttle position, gear, battery remaining etc etc and have different modes of deployment. As for regen effecting handling that's just false. look at F1 cars, LMP1, Formula E etc they all use Regen with different brake maps for how aggressive the regen is, how it is blended vs traditional friction brakes (how much the percentage of braking changes depending on pedal pressure, speed etc) and can even be used for torque vectoring if you have per wheel hybrid motors. The biggest problem getting into beam is the amount of work it takes to make the algorithms and different maps, It takes manufactures and race teams years perfecting them with far more developers than Beam has.

• Like Like x 1
  9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

What I meant in "Most KERS" is the current KERSes in BeamNG mods, not IRL vehicle. I was saying the use of KERS in Beam modding still have a long way to go.
    --- Post updated ---
    Technically possible, use a dummy electric motor (zero torque, very low friction, very high inertia)that connects a CVT with a clutch. The CVT logic has to be modified to make it constant torque or power regards of wheels, varying torque/speed in the dummy motor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice