Forum Enhancements

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by GingerPunk603, Aug 12, 2014.

1. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

There are four things that I think would make these forums so much better. First, whenever somebody tries to create a new thread in one of the suggestion topics, a little window pops open that says "Are you sure that nobody else has had the same idea as you?" or something like that and gives you three options: a searchbar to find similar threads, a direct link to the vehicle suggestions thread, or an option to create a new thread, the last option opening another box saying "Are you sure you want to create a new thread?" or something. Second, the search bar should be way more obvious. It should be much larger and have flashing dots surrounding it or something. Third, there should be a direct link to the vehicle suggestions thread on the main page of the forums that looks equally obvious. And finally, the first rule of the forums should be in large, bold text at the top of both suggestion threads, with the part asking to search the forums before creating a new thread being both underlined and highlighted.

I'm not sure what's more annoying, people creating new threads for ideas that hundreds of people have already suggested, or the highly-predictable torrent of people either telling them that they shouldn't create a whole entire thread for an idea that's been suggested hundreds of thousands of time or posting a direct link to the vehicle suggestions thread and saying "OMG, WHY DIDN'T YOU USE THIS THREAD, YOU CAN'T CREATE NEW THREADS LIKE THAT, YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE ON THESE FORUMS, MANY PEOPLE DID THE SAME THING, READ THE RULES NEXT TIME, JHFGTJHGKJYBHDURGHVYBSUFHGHB." Those four ideas I shared will solve both problems. You can thank me later.

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

While I agree with you on a lot of these suggestions, there already are a few instances already implemented, but NOW that Steam users are essentially flooding the forums, it's going to be harder and harder for us "senior" members to kind of keep things organized...I can already see a LOT of new threads asking questions over and over again...I understand the steam users have not been on these forums for as long as us Early Alpha Access people, but now that the community is doubling/tripling/quadrupling, the rules and regulations DO need a new way of being plastered in plain sight for all to see.

3. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

While I get where you were going with that, my idea for the last part of what you said was to make some of what's already there either become more obvious, as you had mentioned, or make it pop up into a little bubble before the actual thread is created, as a way to cut down on the unnecessary threads made by the new users flocking here from Steam.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice