[forum feature] Ignore groups

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Hati, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I don't know where to post about things for the forum, but I hope this might be appropriate. I would enjoy very much the ability to not see the threads from certain forum groups. There are now quite a few confusing and poorly written thread titles from roleplay groups each time I click the "whats new" tab. This never fails to provide me with an endless minor annoyance I would actually genuinely appreciate being able to block entirely.

and I can see this being a feature that should please other people for other reasons. But for me personally I don't really enjoy stumbling on the innanities of 10 year olds pretending to have a nuclear apocalypse that has apparently managed to only destroy sentence structure, grammar and punctuation.

• Like Like x 21
  2. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

That nuclear apocalypse thread makes me so cringe :b

And i agree with you about ignoring groups, they get annoying instead of cringy after a while.

Edit: ahem, really???

Attached Files:

• 20160820_202756.png
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Precisely the last straw that had me ask, I just find it so cringy

• Like Like x 3
  4. bowdlerize

bowdlerize
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way we could ignore bitching? It seems like the forum has really taken a hit with a heap of daft threads lately and now we have various in-fighting.

Has Beam had a rapid audience increase because it just doesn't feel comfy here anymore.

5. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

We (or I, I dont wanna talk for others), don't have hate or something to other people. But instead of seeing those threads (grammar killing nuclear explosions) I wanna ignore them, is there anything wrong with this???o_O

And this is just a suggestion, i'm fine with them appearing, nobody trying to start a fight unlike you i guess???

6. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

There's nothing wrong with the suggestion, it's just how Hati described how he hated seeing those threads. Which, to be honest, slightly enrages me.

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Grow up.

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I actually thought that Hati was really polite about it!

Please do note that Hati used terms like "annoyance" rather than "hate". It seems like you escalated things yourself. Maybe take a deep breath and read the OP again?

In my opinion RP is almost universally abrasive to anyone who's not currently participating in it. That doesn't make it wrong to roleplay, but it makes a very strong argument for giving non-RP folks an easy way to keep it out of sight! :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

The only reason why they wish they could burn down roleplay is because its they think its childish

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I think Hati's message is spot on. Whether or not your agree with the delivery the message is simple, clear cut and definitely needed.
    My experience with BeamNG shouldn't have to involve an avalanche of groups or threads I do not have an interest in. Simply having
    the freedom to ignore groups would be nice. Over and out.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

I'm here for BeamNG news or things related to BeamNG, to ask questions about BeamNG, to learn something and to help some peoples if I can, so I'd love that feature, it would made forums more clear and easy to navigate. I.ex. do I really have to see threads like this when I press "What's New?"? :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

Grow up? Honestly, you couldn't have thought of a more better response?

Well, at my point of view it didn't seem nice at all.

I hadn't escalated at all, or didn't mean to. If you think that the word I used was too strong then I'll use the word "disliked".

13. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

but please, don't make this thread a gigantic argument

• Like Like x 1
  14. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

I have no offence against gay people and i even had some gay friends but is a car physics simulation forum is the right forum to discuss such a thing (and same for roleplay how do you manage to roleplay in a physics simulation??????????)

Attached Files:

• 20160820_224520.png
  15. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

I agree, this isn't a place to discuss this. There are kids on here (They shouldn't but they are)

• Like Like x 1
  16. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

You take pictures or record videos of what is going on.

17. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

(• 3 •)

Attached Files:

• images (34).jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

And us lots of mods

19. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Kids can also be gay, but this has very little to do with the topic at hand IMO.

Let's just try to stay on the topic of whether or not we'd like to see a button for "Ignore" on groups! I think that it is just as Hati said - many people would like to have that feature.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Oh, brother. Somebody doesn't understand how sexuality works.

This is a community, and you should respect everyone in it. Any group of people can be here as they wish, and it's rude to single them out and say they don't belong here simply because of the nature of the community.

#20 Dummiesman, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice