Forum Suggestion: Comment Notification

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by RedHorizon, Apr 22, 2014.

1. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to suggest comment notifications for the forum, similar to the way YouTube used to send a message letting you know someone has replied to your comment. I don't know if this is just me doing this, but I keep finding that someone replied to my comment a month ago, and I missed it.

Would it even be possible?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

you can set it up for email notifications to subscribed threads, hell that was the default for me? I turned it off because it got really really annoying.

3. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

I only got subscriptions to threads, but because I have important e-mails coming in all day I had to disable them.

4. Corvette82

Corvette82
    Expand Collapse

If you get Tapatalk, you can subscribe to threads and you get a Tapatalk notification (not an email) when someone says something on that thread.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

5. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Lol, I must be the only one who just wants to know when someone addresses me.

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I want that too. TechPowerUp! forums use a non vbul host/software, but you can tag users. Like @bubbleawsome would notify me that I was tagged. You can also turn on notifications for when you are quoted over on minecraft forums I think. I like both a lot, very handy.

7. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

I think this would certainly be a useful thing to implement. I for one sometimes only want to receive a notification if I am thanked or quoted as I don't want to have hundreds of emails per day for a thread I am not *that* interested in.

8. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

The other forums I browse give a notification if someone quotes me which would be very nice to have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice