Freeroam Police Pursuits, Hit and Run chases + AI driving "Ranges"

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 1UZ-FE, Nov 20, 2017.

1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

I just thought of something as simple as this:

You're cruisin' around town in Tennessee, with a few AI vehicles on the road. They're all set to random, so you follow one of them, and notice they wide open throttle through a red light. You catch up, and the moment you throw your siren and lights on with the "siren and horn" mod, the AI mode of vehicle in front of you switches to "flee"! This way, you can finally initiate a chase via freeroam on your will.

Thinking conversely, let's say you crash into another AI vehicle on random, and you dip out. The AI mode of that vehicle now switches to chase. This is what should happen during a hit and run. To make it even more realistic, a random variable can be placed of chance whether to switch modes or not.

As I typed that out, I also thought of AI range. For example, let's use the same map, Tennessee. Let's say you want AI to only go around the town section. This feature would allow you to either draw a simple box grid, or draw out your own border via dragging the mouse. The AI would only go over paths that are within the area you've just drawn out. I guess the overhead view makes the most sense when applying this area.

#1 1UZ-FE, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    This is a GOOD idea!
    I like BeamNG drive, but I missed the "random AI".
    The BeamNG drive with random AI traffic = realistic Crash- and car simulator!

Bye!

3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I never thought of that. It would be pretty cool but would probably take a while to code. Maybe not the AI switching but the box grid drawing might take a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice