Fufsmobile vehicles (updated 11th September)

Discussion in 'Automation' started by fufsgfen, Jul 14, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

11.9.2018, new vehicle added to repo and to 2nd page until it is available at repo if someone is as impatient as I am.

Update: I put some vehicles in posts of this thread as those are not really quite good enough to be in first post, but that might be one or another way fun.

To avoid cluttering forums, I put all my vehicles here in one place, currently all are WIP.

upload_2018-7-14_1-29-56.png upload_2018-7-14_1-38-45.png upload_2018-7-14_1-40-6.png
    Fufsmobile Schnell RAWD V2 (much updated, turbo sounds, handling etc)
    ~300hp 1.0L inline 3 turbo
    Under 1100kg
    7spd gearbox with AWD
    AWD
    0-100kph under 4 seconds
    Safe first sporty car, which can outperform V8 vehicles thanks to low weight
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    upload_2018-7-14_1-47-35.png upload_2018-7-14_1-45-18.png upload_2018-7-14_1-46-35.png
    Fufsmobile VAZ VSTO 1600TC (Now V2, with lot of exporter made problems fixed)
    ~170hp 1.6l twin cam inline 4
    around 1200kg (sadly, future updates will include trimming down the weight)
    5spd manual with RWD and torsen diff
    0-100kph 8 seconds (because too heavy)
    Rally car, looks like wagon inspired by 1600SL, but is rally weapon from eastern block, Russian GT86
    Very easy to drift, handles well thanks to new custom dampers and manually jbeam fixed rear linkage, you can't get this kind of handling without editing.
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    upload_2018-7-14_20-49-31.png upload_2018-7-14_20-48-56.png upload_2018-7-14_20-48-19.png upload_2018-7-14_20-53-42.png
    Fufsmobile Country DeLuxe GT
    Detuned 8 liter V16 with 242HP (small potential for more with later arriving aftermarket upgrades)
    2400kg provides nimbleness of barge
    4spd slushbox automatic, RWD and temporarily manual locker diff for extra fun factor (these I plan to rework completely once I get more done)
    0-100kph looks for almanac
    Ultimate road trip machine, plush comfort, any smaller than a cow objects on road can be ignored, ramming speed!
    (or alternatively set cruise and cruise to sunset)
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    upload_2018-7-17_17-9-55.png upload_2018-7-17_17-10-29.png upload_2018-7-17_17-10-57.png

Fufsmobile C-series Sport evolution clone (this one does not really has a good name yet so except to change)
    2.4l inline 5 turbo making around 215hp
    Bit over 1500kg (seems to be more in Beam than it should, working on it)
    5spd manual
    performance data missing
    Late 80's / early 90's premium sporty family car for those too conservative for Bavarian designs or looking more of that Stuttgart class

Updated a little:
    upload_2018-7-20_6-11-19.png upload_2018-7-20_6-13-10.png

I added subtitle near the end, would be nice to have way to really edit videos and add big texts etc. but don't know of such, all video editors seems to suck.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    upload_2018-7-23_9-6-25.png upload_2018-7-23_9-7-11.png upload_2018-7-23_9-7-46.png upload_2018-7-23_9-8-16.png upload_2018-7-23_9-9-1.png upload_2018-7-23_9-17-15.png upload_2018-7-23_9-17-30.png

Fufsmobile 53 Turbo (WIP, Work in Progress)
    2.0l Inline 4 making around 100hp, comes also with turbo motor that is bit more powerful and with carefully tuned turbo sounds!
    Weight is around 1000kg
    5spd manual, diff options, open or LSD

Working interior with sounds, custom usable lights for night driving, nothing fancy or perfect, but working.

Steering wheel is purposedly off center, this is attempting to be bit less than perfect vehicle.
    Steering wheel is bit too high, but correctly huge in size, no power steering, so steering wheel needs to be big.

Worn dampers, really old tires.

This was mint grandpa's baby, but grandpa could not drive anymore and car ended up to teenager, who made really sloppy paintjob, installed tuning parts that don't fit etc. Really good car turned to something horrible.
    However it is fun car to drive on twisty road, not too much power, not too much grip.

Quite easy to keep sideways for extended periods of time.

One last warning, don't change color or look into boot, your eyes might suffer!

Thanks to Camshaft software from making exporting cars of Automation possible to BeamNG, also thanks to all modders of Automation game/community, their work is allowing creation of these vehicles.

Attached Files:

#1 fufsgfen, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Land yacht, that has some chrome issue behind the grille:
    upload_2018-7-14_17-43-47.png upload_2018-7-14_17-54-1.png upload_2018-7-14_18-10-39.png

As I'm really not too keen to stick with existing, this time I expressed my creativity by slapping V16 engine to land yacht, whopping 208hp with a torque curve that makes Florida rather envious:

That grille issue has hampered the process though.

Update: Managed to fix grille issue and put bigger V16 in as well as some other tuning, enough to call new variant 'GT'

#2 fufsgfen, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-7-17_17-29-14.png
    For those who feel Bavarian ETK being too close to common people, for those who appreciate sleepers and it does come in other colors than odd turquoise, or pick your own color.

Vehicle does handle itself quite nicely, you can do gravel rallying with it if you like or twisty roads.

While power is not anything huge, it is kinda in balance with handling and behaves itself as a civilized being, this does not need to boast itself as a GTi, but for the era this one could be considered fast vehicle:
    upload_2018-7-17_17-39-16.png

It seems I need to do little bit of weight tuning, putting it on weight pad shows 1501kg while in AM it was bit over 1400kg, oh well I need to do other improvements so changing weights around then too.

Also rear chrome strips should be black, not sure why they appear as a chrome, I think I chose black plastic for those.

Rear door handle is not finding it place and some other small things, but overall I'm kinda happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Mercedes looks mint.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Wow, the w124 is looking really good! Now, it just needs an i6 to be perfect ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

I have to have always something to deviate from the normal for some reason, so wanted close to 190E Evolution performance, but could not like current sound of I4, I6 would be 300 model, so I did go for I5 just to be different :D

It does have some w201 also in it, more of hybrid of two, body model itself is not perfectly accurate for certain model, so I got bit creative, put in bits I liked most.

Now as I had done this German vehicle inspired rwd brick, I wanted to do also Swedish one, but I could not find appropriate bodyshell.

After more than 8 hours of building I have this ugly thing that does not have any resemblance, despite carefully putting in details, it even has correct rear light light up pattern, even turbo compressor and turbine wheel sizes match up, every possible detail was researched and put into this, yet it is nothing alike:
    upload_2018-7-19_18-9-13.png upload_2018-7-19_18-9-51.png upload_2018-7-19_18-10-29.png
    upload_2018-7-19_18-14-0.png upload_2018-7-19_18-14-50.png upload_2018-7-19_18-15-26.png

Torque and power match up surprisingly well, it has tweaked aero, custom suspension tuning (links modified to provide more realistic characteristics), even rear track is made narrower, not ready yet and because I doubt looks will have good reception I might never release it, might wait and see if better fitting bodyshell comes up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

Important question: where the hell did you find that v16? I need it in one of my cars immediately

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I bought it from their Steam store page, there might be still some left if you hurry :D

9. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

Oh no, my wallet is going to get another beating. rip

• Like Like x 1
  10. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

@fufsgfen One quick question about design: how do you get more complex headlight shapes? The rear lights on the C series do not appear to be quite like a stock design?

Also.... if you have time... are chrome strips just bumper bars?

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did download pretty much every mod on Steam Workshop, some of the fixtures are mods.

Yeah, chrome strips are bumper bars, but lots of them, to make corners you make them really really short and just place lots of them.

12. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

13. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Why can't you modify the looks in Blender?

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It would be possible, but sadly it is not as simple as reshaping model a bit. Blender has material name limit and in these exported models some material names are longer than said limit, which means that in addition of editing mesh, one has good chance of having to rename lots of materials.

Also I'm really bad modeler, also I don't quite understand how some aspect of these models work.

For example letters, in Blender they appear as vague square spot, but in game they are letters, some light fixtures look really odd in Blender, but then in game it is fine.

So editing mesh would need to be Automation mesh to edit, then place fixtures in Automation, reshaping in Blender and placing / reshaping fixtures might be quite impossible for me.

Here is for example that land barge in Blender, see how front grille has no depth at all, it is kinda if body mesh would go trough that grille, but it does not do that in game or at least does not show up like that:
    upload_2018-7-19_23-14-16.png
    I don't understand how that can work in game

There is badge at front edge of hood and it looks like this:
    upload_2018-7-19_23-18-29.png

Parting those from body mesh would take again quite bit of time, especially because how all is made like millions of unnecessary vertices.

At the end it comes to time and lack of ability issues.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

That's how it works:
    8.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

From all of the vehicles in the first post, I just tried out the Fufsmobile C-series Sport evolution clone & I have to say, that it handles really well (even on that semi-iced up road), corners great & is a lot of fun to drive (tried it on a controller). This is one of the mods, that definitely needs to become a proper mod :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, so they use really lot of 2D planes and transparent texture to create a 3D shape:

--- Post updated ---
    Anyone who wishes to participate and make graphical aspect of that, I will not object :)

Handling of that is not quite yet perfect, I need to do more research on that and then improve suspension setup abit.

Schnell is bit odd, it is straigth export yet it handles like on rails. VSTO I really need to examine further it has some exporter related issues I think.

I try to add 1 or 2 more cars in coming hours, if I get them sorted out, they should have ok handling as I'm starting to figure out how to get that area sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

That is a surprisingly good Mercedes replica lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

@Sithhy:

Approval is on order.

• Like Like x 1
  20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I put this here as it still has few bugs to be sorted out, it just is hard to get much done to this as somehow it just gets lap after lap on race track, funny car:
    upload_2018-7-20_2-45-14.png upload_2018-7-20_2-51-45.png
    ~170hp
    ~1000kg
    They say throwing hammer handle first is like driving rear engine car, or was that other way around?
    Anyway I have set this quite understeering, would like to hear wheel users if it is too much understeering.

Has racing tires and is intended for race track usage, works on some roads too, but I wanted to make something that would handle bit like race cars of old time, soft rear, stiff front, so it lifts front paw at turns, however it has so much grip that you can pretty much floor it at corner exits.

Fun part is the braking, being rear engine vehicle, you have to be very conscious about weight transfer.

Bugs:
    Brake light bulbs light up, you can see it only when it gets darker
    Aero fix is a hack, but essentially it does pretty much the job, you can try to make similar in Automation and make that high speed corner at automation track at 200kph and then try this, there is difference.
    Rear diff should be automatic locker, but it is exported as manual locker, I need to play with it more to get automatic locker, because that really would make car real devil to drive...
    Also haven't really focused on realism with this, just wanted to see if I can make this body type rear engine vehicle to handle better than what it does straight from exporter.

Update: Oh yes, I need to add zip, it is not automatic, yet....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice