G25 problem

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Slammington, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

A while ago, my friend was drifting in LFS and he was turning the G25 wheel quickly to both sides, when the Force Feedback stopped. When I tried to plug it back in, it would not callibrate and the steering was not detected.
    Yesterday I opened it and saw a crack inside the plastic covering the gears that connect to the "steering collumn".
    I checked out my optical encoder disk, but it was fine. No scratches or anything, so I have no idea what else it could be fucking up the steering.
    I should also add that all the buttons, even the ones on the wheel work. The only thing that isn't detected/calibrated is the steering.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. Can anyone help?

2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

3 years later update. It was the optical encoder itself that was fucked. The same G25 is still sitting in parts in a box behind my bed :)

Are G25 parts worth anything in the second hand market?

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

No idea, all I can say is that mine died because of one of the motors burning out. I think it was uneconomical to repair since you could buy an entire new second hand one for not too far off the repair price, assuming you could actually find the parts to repair it with. Logitech had most of the stuff in the wheel built to spec. You can't buy an off the shelf replacement part (such as a motor) for it and Logitech don't supply replacement parts either.

#3 aljowen, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice