G27 Shifter Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by IBsenoj, Jun 8, 2016.

1. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Hey peeps,
    Most of us know about the stupid windows update that breaks our logitech steering wheels, I think I fixed mine but the only problem is the buttons and the reverse gear don't work on the shifter.

Attached Files:

• G27Shifter.jpg
  2. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

If anything fails, buy a Thrustmaster GPX. No, it's not a wheel, it's a better version of the Xbox360 controller. Or try using the keyboard. While writing this I really ask myself how you want to get your hand to either one of them.

3. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

sounds odd. i assume that it's being picked up as the g27 in the profiler? If it is then... i'm not sure.
    Make sure the connection on the wheel itself a clean and firmly plugged in (the shifter connects via many pins into the wheel, they might be loose).
    Right click the start button, select "device manager", find the G27 (probably under the USB section) and right click to uninstall drivers (and click the uninstall the device software aswell). Also, uninstall the newer profiler windows downloaded, it doesn't work. Then let windows re-install your drivers (it will be automatic and wont do the same stupid shit that screwed the wheels up in the first place).

Just as a note, don't uninstall the Logitech profiler that actually works, there is no need to.

4. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Well, I just barely reinstalled the driver, same thing... all but those silly buttons. Don't worry I checked all connections earlier,in the case of loose cables I don't think the stick part of the shifter would work if the rest of the buttons didn't work.
    --- Post updated ---
    Does anyone know whats up with this?

Attached Files:

• DvMgr.PNG
    • drvs.PNG
    • dtls.PNG
  5. Trin32

Trin32
    Expand Collapse

Update turned my G25 into Driving Force ;)
    For now I'm uninstalling it from Device Manager and installing Logitech Profiler every time when this error occurs, but it's very annoying.

If someone find out how to disable auto installing that wrong driver let us know, please.

6. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 2
  7. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but the problem is still there. everything works great and consistently, but the same buttons, and reverse gear still don't work/respond.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

There can be many reasons why that happens. I wrote a detailed guide to troubleshoot these kinds of problems, could you please take a look and follow all steps up to and including #4 point here? http://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup
    Thanks!

9. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Wait, a new Windows Update screwed up G27s? I've been a while without using it because of work but I'll be pissed off if mine doesn't work either (then again, I ditched the shifter for a thrustmaster one and a DIY button box but even then...)

And as for @Trin32 I had that exact same problem a month ago, G27 entered in "compatibility mode" or whatever and at the drivers list it appeared as an older model. I solved that the same way stenyak posted here, manually uninstalling and reinstalling the latest g27 drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

The problem is that Windows 10 is told not to load a normal Windows driver for it, which makes the operating system disable the wheel until the profiler is installed along with it's drivers. Not only that, the profiler STILL has a glitch where, due to the G27's logic board being based off of the Driving Force GT's logic board, it can accidentally recognize the wheel as a Driving Force GT until you reinstall the wheel and software entirely.

As a result, the G27 can sometimes quit randomly and other times be fine. Mine usually stays working until I unplug it for any reason no matter if it's turned off or on or what, it just knows somehow that it needs to be redetected, and the Profiler does not correctly detect the wheel.

11. Soundwave 2

Soundwave 2
    Expand Collapse

Hi there!
    Tell me, please, did you find solution your problem?

12. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Every once and a while it'll break, it's only when there are long durations of me not using it, whenever that happens i simply reinstall the one driver by first completely removing it off of the OS, and then plugging back in the steering wheel and letting it automatically instal the driver, after that it works just fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice