1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

G923 Help!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by garytc78, Dec 18, 2020.

1. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

Been trying to get my new G923 working with beamng but no matter what I do the game will not recognise it's connected, the wheel works with every other game installed though.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We have not tested that wheel yet, but as far we know it should work exactly like the other Logi wheels.
    Some users that had similar issue pointed out they had to disable the TrueForce feature for the wheel to correctly be detected by the game.
    Additionally, usual setup procedures can be found here: Steering wheel setup - BeamNG

3. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

Thank you I will give it a try now
    --- Post updated ---
    So I just looked to try and disable trueforce and I don't think that they have the option to do it, I also cannot launch from the G hub because it doesn't have the option to do that.....anymore ideas?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

AFAIK the option is within the Logitech G Hub software (the wheel's software).

You need to access it in order to turn on/off that (and other) wheel's settings.
    Try to reinstall that software entirely. If it does not work, you need to contact the Logitech support then.

5. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

No option to disable I have contacted logitech customer support, the game was working fine with my g29 and it's basically the same wheel so I don't understand why beamng is the only game that won't recognise the wheel.

6. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

Can I ask if there's a possibility you would need to add the g923 in to the game as it seems to be working with every other game I've tried just appears to be a beamng problem.

7. DrGoodwrench

DrGoodwrench
    Expand Collapse

Has a solution been found yet? Having the same issue.

8. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

No mate I'm on my second G923 and it's the only game that won't see it.... Seems the team the work on Beamng aren't too interested to look in to this either.
    --- Post updated ---
    Fixed it ...just follow this exactly.

disconnect your wheel, open up beamng from steam, then launch game, then pin it to your taskbar , after that close beamng connect your wheel again and you’re good to go.

9. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

There must be a step you used but forgot to mention as I did what you describe and it's not working. I see what you are trying to do by bypassing the launcher, but there must be something else going on. Are you running G Hub as admin? Beam as admin?

As another question do you have the Xbox or PS version of the wheel?

10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I don't follow how those steps have fixed the issue, but happy to read it's solved :)

In any case, these past months we've been working on an exhaustive guide to help diagnoise possible input-related issues. If the issue happens to come back, you can check that input troubleshooting guide here: https://wiki.beamng.com/images/4/4f/Input_troubleshooting_guide.pdf

@MetalMilitia623 that link ^ may help you, take a look and let us know at which step you get stuck.

If anything is not clear, please let me know, we'll be adjusting it as needed.

11. jscpsg

jscpsg
    Expand Collapse

I have this same problem g923 xbox version with stick shift ghub installed the game doesn't see the wheel at all.
    I dont see how you got it to work the way you say you did I tried it for shits and giggles tho but didn't work as I expected.

12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I dont understand why this is even a problem its the exact same wheel except for trueforce, which can be shut off. my G920 was completely plug and play.

13. garytc78

garytc78
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys didn't get the updates from the thread.
    It's different from the g920... I don't know how but it is and the game would not recognise the wheel even though every other game did.
    What I posted worked I don't know how but it did and I followed it exactly..... I'd tried every other way and it was never recognised in game but since I did that it's worked flawlessly and its the xbox version.

14. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Please try these steps:
    - Connect the wheel, then open and close the game at least once
    - Open your BeamNG.drive user folder (Launcher -> Manage Userfolder Location -> Open in Explorer)
    - Go inside the `Temp` folder, and open the `xinputcache.txt` file with any text editor. You’ll see several lines. One of them mentions your G923 steering wheel
    - In the second column of that line, please replace the `X` with a `D`
    - Save your changes and close the editor
    - Start the game. The wheel should now be visible

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice