1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Gabester, can you please explain...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by H/\Z/\RDOUS, Nov 29, 2016.

1. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

i found these 2 cars on your website, are they planned vehicles, or planned mods,or something different?

Attached Files:

• Screenshot 2016-11-28 at 22.51.27.png
    • Screenshot 2016-11-28 at 22.51.23.png
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

That seems to be ROR stuff, old mods for an old game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

These are some of his old cars from Rigs of Rods. He has stated on multiple occasions that he hates them. Other users on the forum can confirm this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. I think they look quite kick ass. Gavril, who woulda' thought:D.

5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why Gabester doesn't like them. They are old, but with some modernization and bringing them up to date, they would be great additions for BeamNG. Kinda like how I said I would bring back the Gavril Omega as a variant of the 2014 Roamer, and it would be similar to trucks like the Chevrolet Avalanche and the Cadillac Escalade EXT.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

IIRC he mostly dislikes his older, more basic cars. Like when someone ported the Bandit to Beam he wasn't a fan of it. And, OP, it says 2011 in the pics.

7. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

easy answer. RoR.

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I never knew of RoR until BeamNG. That being said some of these designs from back in the day look pretty damn cool from my perspective.
    The fact that there were planned Gavril performance vehicles is even more enticing. Definitely cool and I hope the idea re-manifests itself
    in the future.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

In a way, old ideas have resurfaced. Well, in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, "from a certain point of view." Think you can guess?

Yup, the Gavril Barstow. . . . or should I say. . . . Gavril Bandit 2.0.
    In a way, I see the Barstow as is a reincarnated version of the Gavril Bandit. Both are very similar. They both have a fastback design, they have four round headlights (with the Barstow having the option for Charger style hidden headlights), and their model names start with a B. Coincidence? I think not.

I think the Barstow is an open door for how Gabester could take his old ideas that he dislikes and breathe new life into them, changing them from a dirty lump of coal into a priceless sparkling diamond. I understand the idea of not liking old stuff. I have old ideas don't like myself, but I have come up with ways in the past to revise some of them, making me actually like them again, maybe even more so than I did before.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Bandit is actually one or two size bigger than Barstow
    As I mentioned before, maybe 80s Burnside and Gavril G2 will most likely to be in BNG if gabe likes to since there aren't simulation about these 2 periods and kinds of vehicle in BNG yet

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I think in some regards, the Barstow can in some ways be seen as something similar to the Bandit. They may not be the same size, but they have similar design layouts and a similar name. They're not exactly alike, but they're not entirely different.

My idea of the Gavril Omega 2.0, a revision for an old RoR vehicle, would on the same boat, being not exactly the same, but not completely different. Besides, in my opinion, I think the end of the Omega could easily be the front end of a 2014 Roamer, a concept that could become a reality, if Gabester decides to make it happen, since he did say that not all of the concepts may not come to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I seem to recall he thinks they're badly modeled and would take too much work to bring "up to spec". The Bandit in particular seems like it would be a problem; it could be passed off as a successor to the Barstow, but isn't it body-on-frame where the Barstow is unibody with a front subframe? And I'm not sure it looks quite right for a predecessor of the Barstow. So then where would it fit in BeamNG's Gavril timeline/product lineup? It's also bigger than the Barstow IIRC, but is the size difference sufficient to justify the Bandit being a notch above the Barstow in the lineup?

gabester has stated that he wants BeamNG to be a separate "universe" so to speak, so that might have something to do with why the two don't make sense together.

13. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Even then, my idea holds up. My idea that I now call the Omega 2.0, is technically not the same vehicle as the original. The original Omega seemed to hold some similarities to Honda's Ridgeline, while my idea turns it into an option for the possible 2014 Gavril Roamer concept, which turns it into a four door truck with a tonneau cover inspired by the Chevrolet Avalanche and the Cadillac Escalade EXT. One thing I find interesting, is that the Avalanche and the Escalade EXT both exited production in 2013, so my idea is not too far off.

Here's something I did in my spare time.
    My Gavril Omega 2.0 formula.PNG

14. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

Ohh right in the feelings down memory lane, BeamNG is top but RoR is like a little child for me

15. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it similar to Ford Expedition because 2014 Gavril Roamer concept is a body on frame SUV and it should be have rear independent suspension.In other hand, will be possible 5.0 v8 and 3.0 v6 engine included in the concept.

16. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Good idea. Of course, my idea is more focused on the Chevrolet basis of Gavril. The reason I include the Escalade EXT is because if its relation with the Avalanche, and it plays a role in how my idea would be named. If I renamed it from omega to something else, I'd either pick another word from the Greek alphabet, with some of my top picks being delta, gamma, omicron, and epsilon, or I would name it after the kind of words you think of when you think about an offroad truck, or just a bunch of letters/numbers.

17. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Escalade =/= Roamer

18. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I come across the same thing. It's from rigs of rods. But we might get a surprise! ;D

19. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

Maybe instead of a Gavril, a Bruckell? Or a new brand, like a luxury Gavril brand.

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Burnside is a luxury marque for Gavril.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice