1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game crash when i rename vehicle folder

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sethioz, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Sethioz

Sethioz
    Expand Collapse

Hey. I just noticed that whenever i rename a vehicle folder, then game crashes when trying to load that vehicle. How can i bypass this?

I need to rename the folder, because some cars start with some nonsense and thanks to that game sorts them in middle of list and it takes me ages to find what i'm looking for.
    OR is there a way to sort vehicles by their NAME, because currently game sorts them all by folder name and not by the vehicle name specified in name.cs file.
    This is really annoying with 200+ vehicles, list is to long and if its not in alphabetical order, it literally can take me 5 mins to find the vehicle i want to spawn.

2. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

How about you stop downloading Russian mods, and you will not have mods with said nonsense on them.

3. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

between your youtube videos and the BeamNG forums, this has been said to you at least 100 times: Don't download any mods for BeamNG from any website except for BeamNG.com. got that finally? good.

4. Sethioz

Sethioz
    Expand Collapse

"Don't download any mods for BeamNG from any website except for BeamNG.com"
    This has nothing to do with original question, please read my question again and stop trolling. if you're noob and don't know the answer, say nothing. This is completely offtopic + i download whatever i want, it's not your business what i download. don't tell me what to download.

"How about you stop downloading Russian mods, and you will not have mods with said nonsense on them."
    How about you learn to read? How exactly your reply has anything to do with my question?! this is another completely offtopic aka trolling.
    and just to rub it into your smushy face, WHAT ON THE NAME OF LEMON is "1spintop" ??????????????????????????????????????? this is a nonsense name and its been downloaded from this gayroom .. woops, i meant showroom!
    - oh wait there's more! .. what the hell is "49Cadillac" ?????????????????????? it's also downloaded from this forum, its NONSENSE NAME, i want it to say "Cadillac 1949 Convertible" not some 49Cadillac ... may aswell call it 69gay. I categorize my stuff properly, not some kiddy widdy winkler style. Cadillac starts with letter C, therefore it has to go where letter C is, not at beginning of list where numbers are!!!!
    understand? no? you too lemon? i just hate squeezy lemons like you ..... my question has NOTHING to do with russian mods, its these kids right here who can't name their stuff properly.

People ... if you have nothing to say or simply do not have answer, please say nothing! If i want to get trolled and blabber some offtopic nonsense, I can go into some teenager chatroom and i find tons of that there. I came here to ask a specific question, which is "HOW do i rename a car folder without causing game to crash"

And another good reason to do this, is to categorize things, for example i want to have all planes starting with - or 1, so that they are at beginning of the list and all the tools/things, like catapult, spinner, barrels...etc ...etc go at end of the list, starting with Z for example.
    You people just know nothing about categorizing things and then you think that everyone is like you ... so you see, it has nothing to do with having russian mods or downloading mods from other websites. .. DUH ! it's about you people right here don't know how to name things, but again .. this is completely offtopic and irrelevant.

All that said, is there anyone smart and proper out there who can help me out and answer a simple question without trolling the juice out of the topic?

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Folder name has to match model name which I think has to match the prefix on the jbeam and texture names. Everything needs renaming not just the folder.

The homophobic insults were really uncalled for too.

49cadillac, a lot of people refer to that car as a "49 Cadillac", you can't have spaces in the folder name so that is then shortened.

Seems to me that your entire argument is there simply to pick a fight, a better vehicle selection screen has been proposed on numerous occasions and will be coming eventually, one would assume it would be sortable in what order you want and searchable (is what I'd like). We are getting changes to how mods are loaded in the next update too which may fix things for you.

6. Sethioz

Sethioz
    Expand Collapse

Do i need to rename just the filenames or actually edit the files? I could use something like "All file renamer" if it's just filenames.
    I know people say 49 Cadillac, but to categorize it, you would look under letter C first.

I wasn't exactly insulting, if you call idiot a idiot, it is not an insult ^^ Sorry it just pisses me the F off when i ask a simple question and get bunch of nonsense back aka trolling. If they got nothing to say, stay quiet and wait until someone, who knows, replies. simple as that. I'd personally be very strict with offtopic stuff, it ruins every and any forum.

and no i'm not here to pick a fight, as i said it just pisses me off when people start trolling me because they don't know what else to say. I really DO want to sort the vehicle list and this is why i posted it. It's a mess and i can't find anything.
    I think it would be best if BeamNG sorts vehicles by the name specified in the name.cs file, that would be best option and maybe option to "sort by A-Z" "sort by Z-A" "Sort by folder name" ..etc, but it think it is enough if game just sorts by name.cs.

I love the new interface tho. Very well made.

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Ahem. The Russian mods DO have something to do with your name problem. They add the site name to the beginning, thus messing with the organization.

Also, I really like how you get so angry when people point out what isn't complimenting you. You don't get any better by using homophobic slurs against advice.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Just the filenames will do.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

it has to be named that way, if you want to change the in-game name, just edit what the name.cs file says (located inside the vehicle folder), the actual name of the folder itself won't change anything other then make it not load and instead crash the game

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That's what we had just covered, that he needs to rename everything inside the folder too...

The game sorts vehicles and maps according to folder name rather than the name.cs, he's not trying to rename the vehicles in the menu, he's trying to modify the load order.

11. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Don't download whatever you want because Russian mods are illegal and do NOT help with the promotion of BeamNG.

12. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Dont download Russian mods Because Russian mods names are like [Examplewebsite . ru] <vehicle name>

Realize they crash like crap and handle like a Grand Marshal

???????

Profit

13. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

There was a bike on the grand marshals mesh.

14. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I've seen that. It really makes me wonder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice