1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game crashes on startup when creating new cache folder

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by crazikyle, Dec 18, 2019.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I've been experiencing this issue for a while now (at least a year). Whenever I delete the cache, or the game creates a new cache folder after a new update, it crashes on first launch with the error 0x00000001. The game does create the cache folder and it launches just fine when I try and launch it again. This error is 100% reproducible on my end. I have a crash report that I can send over if need be (not attaching it publicly).

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Something like this being happening for over a year does not make much sense, nor I cannot connect it to the actual game updates.
    Seems more like something wrong is happening on your side.

Are you sure the game is actually crashing?
    Or is it freezing?

Freezing while loading levels is normal, depending on what you are loading.
    The game is still loading stuff in background. If you start pressing / clicking buttons, it will trigger the 'Not Responding' status from Windows which will try to close the game, causing a crash.
    When it freezes, the game would resume on its own after its done loading in background.

3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

It is a little strange that it's been happening so long. I figure it's some weird quirk of my PC, but for the life of me I can't imagine what it would be.

It simply crashes to desktop whenever I try and open it. It never makes it to the main menu. I don't press anything, mash any buttons or do anything out of the ordinary. I launch the game, click "play" from the launcher and a few seconds later it crashes. It doesn't do much, it never takes over full screen displays logos, sounds or anything. I'll take a video after work today for you.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

So it crashes even before reaching the main menu, just right after the launcher?

If you can replicate, give a Support ID (after replicating it):
    https://supportid.beamng.com/

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it does.

Support ID: 64043

And here's a quick video of the issue. I had just cleared the cache through the launcher then tried to launch the game. This happens every time the game updates or I delete the cache folder.

6. MilesTheSuperFox

MilesTheSuperFox
    Expand Collapse

Hmm. I can say only one thing here. Perhaps do a clean re-install for the game.

7. metalMICKY

metalMICKY
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem have you got a fix

8. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

like he said, just launch it again after the initial crash, then it should work fine.

if that doesn't fix it, you probably have a different issue and should make a separate thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice