1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game has framerate problems after update.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by duck74, Nov 2, 2013.

1. duck74

duck74
    Expand Collapse

On 02.8.13 my game updated to the newest version 0.3.0.5 however since that update my frames per second lowered dramatically and now whenever I play it is like it is in a constant slow motion. The game was fine before the update, I was even able to record with FRAPS without it making a noticeable difference on my frames. Can anyone help, I put all my settings on low but setting them to lowest crashes the game.

AMD FX-6200 Six-Core Processo3.80 GHz
    16 GB of ram
    64 bit os
    NVidia GeForce GT 630

2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Updates reset your graphics settings to the defaults, and IIRC the GT 630 isn't all that powerful. Go through and disable some stuff in the PostFX menu, starting with SSAO. Also, running in a borderless window seems to cause more lag, run either windowed or fullscreen if you don't plan to use the editor. Upgrading the graphics card may be advisable, my entry level GTX 760 DirectCU II with a 3.4 GHz 2nd gen i7 and 16 GB 1600MHz RAM eats through the game fine at 40 frames maxed out.

3. duck74

duck74
    Expand Collapse

disabling postfx fixed everything, thanks mate :cool:

4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

PostFX = DEATH to PCs its murder to get it to work...so I disable it and my frame rate on my HD5770 goes from like 15fps up to around 60fps+

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Especially SSAO. It doesn't make it look better, really, and it absolutely murders performance.

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

my own HD3870 could barely make 30fps but since I managed to acquire an HD5770 via work I am good for frame rate I mean can your GTX650Ti handle SSAO?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice