1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

game is lagging, low fps

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zer0beriA, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Zer0beriA

Zer0beriA
    Expand Collapse

Hello! When im playing the game , i get low fps, around 20 FPS when 1 car running.
    What can the problem be, i have all options on the lowest and turned off the effects, i play with 1440x900 .

Specs:

CPU: Q6600 (4 core at stock speed)
    GPU: Gtx 550Ti
    Ram: 4GB 800mhz DDR2

What can couse the lag? i would enjoy the game alot if i could play the game with no lag:)

2. SnugglyDemon

SnugglyDemon
    Expand Collapse

Well. What I'm guessing is that your graphics card can't handle the game. You rig could be bottle necked so that could be a problem aswel it can anything that can lag a game with such a high demand from the game.

3. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

I think your CPU is too slow. Try pressing "J" while in-game and tell me how much your FPS increases by there are people with the 550 ti who are fine. Also your RAM is very slow, people have stated that this game is memory hungry.

#3 moussa247, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. Zer0beriA

Zer0beriA
    Expand Collapse

When driving around i get around 20 FPS and when im pressing J in-game i get around 360 FPS ? :p

5. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

360? Absurd. anyway i cant tell why you are getting such a low fps.. i get like 30-35 with my specs stated below. maybe your RAM bottlenecks the system. (its ddr2)

6. @ustin_Linst

@ustin_Linst
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem... I'm on a Mac with the specs listed in my signature below, on Windows XP on a VM. Rigs of Rods runs fine, but BeamNG Drive lags out to the point of 0 FPS even on lowest quality settings.

7. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

That's because:

1. You're on a laptop with a 2.5GHz processor (I'm assuming a dualcore). Regardless of how fast it is, laptop chips are NEVER as fast as their desktop counterparts.
    2. You haven't listed which GPU your laptop has, leading me to believe it's a slow, integrated one.
    3. You're on a Mac. And by that, I mean you must be running BeamNG through the Parallels install you mentioned in your signature. Since that's basically emulating a computer, that'll probably just about halve your performance on its own.

8. @ustin_Linst

@ustin_Linst
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it's a dual core. I disagree. I think laptop chips are just as fast as desktops. I also have a Mac desktop, I just don't want to install Windows on it. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB, and Parallels utilizes every bit of the Mac, and makes it run like it's on it's own computer.

9. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

It's not something you can disagree on, it's absolute fact that laptop chips are slower. They have to be underclocked to be able to save as much battery power as possible, and also because they're built to fit into a much smaller form factor than a computer, so they're slower by design to prevent overheating.

Here's one of the roots of your problem. The 8600M GT is an old card, and even when it was new it was average at best. With today's standards and how taxing Torque3D is on a computer, an 8600M isn't going to fare well at all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. @ustin_Linst

@ustin_Linst
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking Mac, PC, or Both?
    So, I'm looking at buying a Gaming PC, What's one you would recommend for the price? (Preferably used.)
    I bought this Mac knowing absolutely nothing about graphics cards at the time. It works amazing for everything else I do, but for the occasional gaming, it lacks a lot...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a PC Laptop, not desktop. I hate desktops.

11. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Both, they use similar processors.

I'd need to know a budget range before suggesting anything.

That's already kind of screwing you over. Desktops are superior in every single way besides portability. The power of a typical desktop vs. a typical laptop is so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Both.
    For the love of God, never get a prebuilt or a laptop...
    Good luck in that search somewhere deep down in an alternate dimension.

Buy parts separately and put them together. It's like lego.

13. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

@ustin: Your laptop is from what, 2009? I don't think that you can pin the lag on one component. There's not much sense spending the money to bring something that old up to date. You're better off with a new one.

Unless you're dual booting with Windows, you're virtualizing. There's no way that virtualization software can use all of the host's resources, because the host itself needs some to run. Also, nothing will run as well as it would without that extra layer of abstraction.

@OP: it looks like you've got the same problem as @ustin ... running on 5 year old hardware. Picking out one piece and upgrading it wouldn't be very effective. 5 years is nearing the limit of what you can expect from computer hardware, especially when you demand decent game performance of it.

14. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

That means that your CPU struggles with even 1 car, which shouldn't be the case. I think the Q6600 should be able to run 1 or 2 cars without major fps drops. Pressing J pauses the physics, and that is the CPU only, so if you go from 20 to 360 fps the CPU is the problem. Weird... but it is.

15. Wojtek

Wojtek
    Expand Collapse

I have the same processor and a worse graphics card(GeForce GTS 450 with 1 GB), just more RAM (6GB). Although FPS drop sometimes a little bit, the game is still playable in 1024x768, windowed mode with graphics settings on "high" (automatically detected) and postFX system (SSAO etc.) deactivated.

16. audigtcoupe

audigtcoupe
    Expand Collapse

i have even more bad computer and i get 23-30fps on 1600 x 1024,
    mesh quality: normal
    texture: high
    lighting: high
    anti aliasing: 4x
    shader: high

and my specs are
    dual core E8400, overclocked to 3.4ghz, looking foward to 3.6ghz
    nvidia geforce 9600 GT 521 V-ram overclocked to 960mhz
    RAM: 6gb ddr2, overlocked to 810mhz (going to 850 and i will see how much fps can i get with that)
    also i didn't try to put it in realtime in task manager which give me extra 5fps in far cry 3.

17. @ustin_Linst

@ustin_Linst
    Expand Collapse

Early 2008 to be exact. I was just super excited for this to come out, hoping it would work on the Mac I already have, but it doesn't sound worth it to spend $400+ just for one game. I'd rather wait and see if they release for OSX, and see how it runs on the host software instead. If it still runs like caca, then I'll look into upgrading.

18. Londoncab

Londoncab
    Expand Collapse

Do the following, go options ON THE MAIN MENU and do not close the box that will pop up on the left side. Then, on the left side box, go to SSAO tab and un-mark the Enable button if it isnt enough, go to HDR and disable both hdr and blur if it isnt enough disable light rays :) this solved my lag problem

19. coolkid10

coolkid10
    Expand Collapse

I run a Toshiba brand laptop and it is a pc but the game is lagging very badly please help

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

brand tells us nothing at all mate. We need system specs. Operating system version, cpu, ram and gpu

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice