1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

game keeps crashing and giving back purple flickering screen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Salvatore Saitta, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

i have a pc with a fx 6300 6x4,10ghz, 8gb ddr 1600mhz, 1050 ti (4gb), and when i play beamng even without mods after 2/3 minutes of playng the game freezes( sometimes even the pc stops working and when the pc does not freeze it becames veery laggy even if i manage to close the game, the only way to fix this is to restart the pc) , giving back the image at the moment of the crash but with some purple flickering parts, i have tried deleting the cache, deleting every other steam game i had, update nvidia drivers another thime, reinstalling the game, playng with lower resolutions, nothing changed,both cpu gpu temperatures are regular as their usage. i am posting attached files of what happened and how my stats where.

Attached Files:

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's the first time i see something like that.
    My idea is that this is not a game related issue, but more likely a broken driver, an excessive GPU overclock, or (hopefully not for you) bad hardware.

Please try to do a Clean Install of your Nvidia drivers first:
    Download the drivers from the Nvidia website
    In the installer choose 'Custom Installation', and in the next screen tick the 'Clean Install' box
    Once done, reboot your PC and before running the game again, press the 'Clear Cache' button in the launcher (to make sure your shaders get generated again)

3. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

Ok tryng that right Now, i have even done just Nowthe new beamNG update.
    --- Post updated ---

Attached Files:

• 20181109_170011.jpg
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

To be honest that looks like a PC problem, as it's also affect the Windows interface too (it shouldn't if it was a problem of the game).
    May I have a Support ID just to see if there's something strange in your game logs?

5. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

yeah sure my support id is 42828. i thought too it was a pc problem so i tried stress out my gpu with a benhmark, besides mine isn t nearly oine of the best gpu it didn t give me any of those problems that beam ng gives me while doing the bench in extreme mode. i attach you the image of the bench and the stats
    --- Post updated ---
    seems like if i put the graphic settings into low or lowest it does not crash, but i do not understand because if i put it in high it does not lag until the crash, steady 50 fps

Attached Files:

• BENCH.jpg
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I checked the logs and I don't see any sort of errors there.
    Question: Do you have a HDR monitor?

Also, can you please try to take a screenshot when the issue occurs.
    Want to see if the issue is visible in the screenshot itself or not.

7. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

just for now i have a 40" tv connected to the pc via HDMI, i would make a screenshot if i could but the pc freezes when this happens. i just tried by putting the quality into lowest and it seems to not crash, but it does not make any sense because if the pc wasn t capable of running the game in high it would lag from the beginning and things like that while it goes steady 50fps and then just drops to 0 andr crashes

8. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

i have an update, if i put on low graphic it keep crashing , it just takes some time more, it does have nothing to do with the gpu tempersture i am monitoring it. tried also to unistall all the nvidia drivers. mothing changed

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Can I just ask, have you installed the latest graphics card drivers yet?

10. Salvatore Saitta

Salvatore Saitta
    Expand Collapse

yes i did, i have just tryed playng fortnite but i ve discovered the same issue, at thi pointi think it is a problem of mine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice