Game Launching on Intel Gpu on my Des

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Nirot2019, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Nirot2019

Nirot2019
    Expand Collapse

I recently hooked up a 2nd monitor to my PC. However this monitor had a built in VGA cable and my 1070 didn't have a VGA port. In order to get around this I enabled the on-board graphics and ran the VGA off of my motherboard. Since I did this I couldn't get the game to detect my 1070 even with the steps listed on the website (the desktop version of Nvidia control panel doesn't let you pick a graphics card to use) and I can't find any other way to get it to detect the card. Does anybody have suggestions on what else I could try?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The GPU cannot be used for your monitor unless the monitor is plugged into the GPU. What you are experiencing is normal. You must either get a new monitor or a displayport to VGA adapter so you can plug it into your gpu

3. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

If your monitor is limited to VGA and your 1070 doesn't have it, you need an adaptor. Plugging it into the motherboard only runs the cpu's integrated graphics, and there's no way to change that

4. Nirot2019

Nirot2019
    Expand Collapse

My main monitor is plugged into the gpu it is only a 2nd monitor that is running off of the intel graphics.

5. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

Which 1070 do you have?

6. Nirot2019

Nirot2019
    Expand Collapse

The Asus dual series 1070 OC edition. DUAL-GTX1070-08G

Edit: After posting this I solved the problem. The game had defaulted to launching on the 2nd monitor changing that made it use my 1070. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice